under 85cc ban

YFZ350KID

anyone see the latest legislation passed by our fearless leader :B

it seems that because of possible lead content in the engine cases and other cast metal parts all the under 85cc quads/bikes are banned until they are up to spec with current laws.

just wondered if anyone has more info on this, or to alert all of you about this

this also affects parts/aftermarket and accessories

Thanks for posting this information, i was looking all over for it. Please take some time and get the message out to our legislators and the cpsc, the links are there on the AMA site. If they hear from enough people, maybe they will consider reversing the ban. This whole thing is friggin rediculous :headbang1:

I have had alot of pissed off customers lately. Usualy reason.

WHY are oem parts for my big bore bike over 85 CC's disconuned under this safe use act crap.

my response in general.. I got 20 bucks that says those parts you ordered are used on a bike under 85cc's and guess what cant get em.

This not only affects under 85cc bikes and what not but also bigger bikes if they share the same parts.

I have had alot of pissed off customers lately. Usualy reason.

WHY are oem parts for my big bore bike over 85 CC's disconuned under this safe use act crap.

my response in general.. I got 20 bucks that says those parts you ordered are used on a bike under 85cc's and guess what cant get em.

This not only affects under 85cc bikes and what not but also bigger bikes if they share the same parts.

HOLY CRAP! are you saying that they are going to crack down on parts for them as well!!!! Time to get some parts I guess!! :headbang1::headbang1: :atc: :atc: