new to us toy

draggindre

well we bought this beam car yesteday, and while loading it on the trailer the price droped cause the damm slave cylinder blew. i said oh well and bought it anyways. so i get it home and start looking it over real good and this car is in great shape for being a beam car built in 78. i found some minor issues with it and have fixed most of them. i had to relocate and weld the steering wheel mounts, so my legs would fit, moved the pedals closer, change some hoses,that were good just the wrong size.also had to remount the carb assembly it was realy loose and flopping back and forth. now i just need to but some brake pads,a slave cylinder, and some tie rod end boots. but i am haveing problems with the slave cylinder cause the clowns at the part stores can only find a part if they can enter a year make and model in the puter. and 78 vw sand rail isnt a choice lol. so later when the ol lady brings back the camera from showing off her new toy, ill post some pics of the car and the slave cyl. maybe someone on here will know where i can get one

rail_pic.jpg

well we bought this beam car yesteday, and while loading it on the trailer the price droped cause the damm slave cylinder blew. i said oh well and bought it anyways. so i get it home and start looking it over real good and this car is in great shape for being a beam car built in 78. i found some minor issues with it and have fixed most of them. i had to relocate and weld the steering wheel mounts, so my legs would fit, moved the pedals closer, change some hoses,that were good just the wrong size.also had to remount the carb assembly it was realy loose and flopping back and forth. now i just need to but some brake pads,a slave cylinder, and some tie rod end boots. but i am haveing problems with the slave cylinder cause the clowns at the part stores can only find a part if they can enter a year make and model in the puter. and 78 vw sand rail isnt a choice lol. so later when the ol lady brings back the camera from showing off her new toy, ill post some pics of the car and the slave cyl. maybe someone on here will know where i can get one

rail_pic.jpg

Did you get the slave cylinder figured out yet? PM Doghouse on here and he will probably have it and he'll mail it to you.

Edited by dune_rat

Leave the orange alone! :beerpint:

its gonna stay orange for awhile but the ol lady want something different so we will see what i can talk her into i like the bright colors like green and orange of corse maybe i can go with a candy color and use a silver base so its bright.