Sick Sand Travel

Foxysandchick

There is this 06 SST Hayabusa rail on craigslist for $12500. I believe he also has it on GD.com, but I can't get on there right not to check and I think he has had it listed for a long time without any buyers. So I'm wondering what are the downfalls/negatives of this car?

I rode in DuneFreak's last car (the blue one) and loved it. I've heard the SST are not as good at Short Sand Cars and I've heard some good and some bad about SST, but is this car a good, reliable car for just some normal paced duning and is the price reasonable? There are other SST's listed at 13-18k, so why hasn't someone picked this up?

Here is the info.

• 1300cc Hayabusa Power plant

• Hayabusa Gauges

• Fox Dual Rate Coil-Over Shocks

• Long Travel Suspension

• Under Cut Gears

• Rear Bead-locks on Sand Tires

• Intercom System w/ipod Hook Up

• 2 HID's

• Fresh 930 cv's

• Gold O Ring Chain

• Blue Powder Coat

• Wing Trunk (Locks)

• Sand Tires With Bead-Locks

• Street Tires Included

• Set Of High Angle Driveline

• Removable Steering Wheel

• Garmin GPS & Mount

• 5 Point Harnesses

• Ron Davis Radiator

• Tig Welded Suspension Components

• Spare Parts

• Title is in my name

• Garaged

------------------------------------------

•SPECIFICATIONS

•104" Wheelbase

•79" Wide @ Front With Street Tire

•85" Wide @ Rear Tire With Sand Paddles

•74" Wide @ Rear With Street Tires

•10' 10" Overall Length

•20" Front Travel

•18" Rear Travel

and the info he sent to me

The drivers seat is adjustable. I'm the second owner. The frame has never been damaged, bent or rebuilt. I've added extra support in 2 areas. I'll attach photos. The rail is in great condition. I just had the engine serviced (new clutch rod, clutch case, check out) no problems, 4125 k miles show on the gauge. Dale @ SandTrix (sandtrix.com) out of Mesa, Arizona did the supports. The SST rail could have had better support in this area. As you see below the rear carrier has 2 pipe (not powder coated) coming off of it to the frame. FYI - You'll need to do this if you go with another SST (sick sand travel) and want it to be sound. The second picture is supports I added to both sides above the rear A-arms. I added these just for precautionary reasons. They are not powder coated either.

Here is the link to the ad.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/rvs/1052993777.html

I've already figured out Short Sand Car and Tom Pro are probably the best for hayabusa mini's, but not many SSC's for sale and Tom Pros are going for 30k. There are a few King sand cars for 18k-20k and of course there are a few Sick Sand Travel cars for around 12k-18k, but they usually seem to sell pretty quickly.

Edited by Foxysandchick

SST support SSC no support, I am sure the guys that know these cars will chime in, but my brother-in-law has a SSC and has issues with getting any reply back from them.

I don't think SST is in business any longer?

SST support SSC no support, I am sure the guys that know these cars will chime in, but my brother-in-law has a SSC and has issues with getting any reply back from them.

:?:

Short Sand Cars are the most helpful people to ever deal with. At least in my experience they have been. Josey from SST was a great guy as well and always helped me when I needed something, but good luck getting any support from that company as they are no longer in business. (just like Chitty said)

IMO, $12,500 is pretty much what that car is worth in this market. SSC & SST are comparable in some/ most areas. If you do certain updgrades to the SSC like I did, I believe they are up there with the best busa builders. Mine is basically a one-off making it much stronger and better-engineered than most othar SSC's. However I think King Sand Cars & Tom Pro have done a ton of R&D with their cars and are some of the best builders out there when it comes to this class of cars (busas). Just my opinion. :D

:jester2:

Mark I think you mixed that up, I read on here somewhere your bro-in-law has a SST :finger: . Wingnut said he knows Josey, maybe he can get your bro-in-law in touch.

Short Sand Cars are the most helpful people to ever deal with. At least in my experience they have been. Josey from SST was a great guy as well and always helped me when I needed something, but good luck getting any support from that company as they are no longer in business. (just like Chitty said)

IMO, $12,500 is pretty much what that car is worth in this market. SSC & SST are comparable in some/ most areas. If you do certain updgrades to the SSC like I did, I believe they are up there with the best busa builders. Mine is basically a one-off making it much stronger and better-engineered than most othar SSC's. However I think King Sand Cars & Tom Pro have done a ton of R&D with their cars and are some of the best builders out there when it comes to this class of cars (busas). Just my opinion. :D

He means it the other way around.

I read that they were out of business then I read that they were back in business, so I wasn't sure.

I'd love to have a SSC :MBdance: , but haven't seen any around for sale. There are a few King and Tom Pro selling and they are a bit $$. Your opinion is appreciated, you probably have the best knowledge of these cars :dope: .

Got the two backwards

:jester2:

Mark I think you mixed that up, I read on here somewhere your bro-in-law has a SST :finger: . Wingnut said he knows Josey, maybe he can get your bro-in-law in touch.

He means it the other way around.

I read that they were out of business then I read that they were back in business, so I wasn't sure.

I'd love to have a SSC :MBdance: , but haven't seen any around for sale. There are a few King and Tom Pro selling and they are a bit $$. Your opinion is appreciated, you probably have the best knowledge of these cars :dope: .

wasnt there recently a blue short sand car for sale on ddr?