HI Turtle Posted November 27, 2005 Posted November 27, 2005 Anyone bought a season pass? Can you buy it on most weekends at the station on the road? Quote
EY3BA11 Posted November 27, 2005 Posted November 27, 2005 YUP... pick it up from them fellas.. they will harrass you on your way in regardless for a regular pass or season pass.. Quote
Don29palms Posted December 5, 2005 Posted December 5, 2005 You can buy a season pass 24/7/365 from the pay machines. They take cash or credit cards. It will give you a BS little receipt and then you can trade that to a ranger for a regular pass. On the big weekends you won't be able to avoid buying either a season pass or a weekend pass.I've already been out there 4 times and next weekend makes 5 so my season pass is paying off. Quote
TeeDuner Posted January 5, 2006 Posted January 5, 2006 How much is a season pass and how much for the weekend? Quote
lvnalolife Posted January 5, 2006 Posted January 5, 2006 How much is a season pass and how much for the weekend? $20 for the weekend, or $60 for the pass. It saves you money to buy the pass if you plan on going at least three or more times. Quote
TeeDuner Posted January 24, 2006 Posted January 24, 2006 How long as the season pass thing been in effect? Been a while since I've been to Dumont... Quote
dunefreak Posted January 24, 2006 Posted January 24, 2006 How long as the season pass thing been in effect? Been a while since I've been to Dumont... They started the season passes in the begin of the season in October 03. This will be the 3rd "Dumont dune season" they have been doing them. Quote
lvnalolife Posted January 24, 2006 Posted January 24, 2006 How long as the season pass thing been in effect? Been a while since I've been to Dumont... Just started last year(2005). It first started out that they were charging $20 for big weekends in 2004, then it moved to $20 any weekend (if they are out there to monitor). After that they came up with a season pass option. Its worth it. On the big weekends they are able to keep the helicopter stationed there and pay more safety staff to be there. Just my $.02! :rainbow1: Quote
dunefreak Posted January 24, 2006 Posted January 24, 2006 Just started last year(2005). It first started out that they were charging $20 for big weekends in 2004, then it moved to $20 any weekend (if they are out there to monitor). After that they came up with a season pass option. Its worth it. On the big weekends they are able to keep the helicopter stationed there and pay more safety staff to be there. Just my $.02! you sure, JJ? I have bought a couple/few different year's season passes. :rainbow1: Quote
lvnalolife Posted January 24, 2006 Posted January 24, 2006 you sure, JJ? I have bought a couple/few different year's season passes. :rainbow1: Unless they had them in late 2004 too. I know pres day, 2004 is the first time I ever got charged to go out there. I still have that sticker on my front window. And all they offered was the weekend pass. You know me, I go enough that if they had a season pass, I would have snagged that right up? I bought one for 2005 at the end of 2004 and did the same for 2006 last year. Who know's I have been known to have a blonde moment once or twice, but I think I am right. Quote
dunefreak Posted January 24, 2006 Posted January 24, 2006 Unless they had them in late 2004 too. I know pres day, 2004 is the first time I ever got charged to go out there. I still have that sticker on my front window. And all they offered was the weekend pass. You know me, I go enough that if they had a season pass, I would have snagged that right up? I bought one for 2005 at the end of 2004 and did the same for 2006 last year. Who know's I have been known to have a blonde moment once or twice, but I think I am right. ahh, doesn't matter Either way, TeeDuner, they have been around for somewhere between 1.5- 3 years. Quote
Don29palms Posted January 25, 2006 Posted January 25, 2006 (edited) The money collected is supposedly going right back to Dumont. I know since they have been collecting fees they have added a few outhouses and seem to have better coverage on the bigger weekends. I personally don't mind giving up $60 for a season. I deduct it off my taxes anyway. Edited January 25, 2006 by Don29palms Quote
EY3BA11 Posted January 25, 2006 Posted January 25, 2006 How do you claim it??? cuz i have a few pass's hanging around the office.. that i wouldnt mind deducting from this year if you knwo what i mean.. Quote
Don29palms Posted January 25, 2006 Posted January 25, 2006 How do you claim it??? cuz i have a few pass's hanging around the office.. that i wouldnt mind deducting from this year if you knwo what i mean.. Charity man charity Quote
EY3BA11 Posted January 25, 2006 Posted January 25, 2006 hmmmm i'm already writing off a chitload of charity this year... Donated Couch's Clothes books you name it and LOTS of it from that divorce thing... whtas another 60 bucks tagged on it for dune trips... Could always call it a Church function... Church of the Shifting Dunes... Worship as often as possible... it is a large gathering of people on a given weekend.. Quote
dunefreak Posted January 25, 2006 Posted January 25, 2006 The money collected is supposedly going right back to Dumont. I know since they have been collecting fees they have added a few outhouses and seem to have better coverage on the bigger weekends. I personally don't mind giving up $60 for a season. I deduct it off my taxes anyway. I agree, Don. BUT, why do all these rangers need lifted Avalances and Duramax Silverados with nice wheels and stuff??? Hmm I wonder where that money came from.... I just wish they'd use the $$ on something else that benefits Dumont goers instead. Quote
EY3BA11 Posted January 25, 2006 Posted January 25, 2006 They think lifted vehicles make them go thru the dunes better... i can prove that theory wrong in my stock sonoma.. Quote
Don29palms Posted January 26, 2006 Posted January 26, 2006 There is always going to be pork barrel spending in any government agency but they are putting alot back into Dumont and hopefully it will get better instead of worse. We all need to take care of Dumont or it will end up like Glamis. We all need to help take care of Glamis also. If they shut down Glamis where do you think everyone will go? :mc_smiley: Quote
norm Posted January 26, 2006 Posted January 26, 2006 Anyone bought a season pass? Can you buy it on most weekends at the station on the road? I THINK YOU HAVE TO MAIL FOR A SEASON PASS Quote
dunefreak Posted January 26, 2006 Posted January 26, 2006 I THINK YOU HAVE TO MAIL FOR A SEASON PASS Nope, you can buy em right at the pay station. :mc_smiley: Quote
Sincity_blondie Posted February 15, 2006 Posted February 15, 2006 the current season pass expires in sept. so its oct-sept. since no one else answered the question. lol lol Quote
SandBox_Kid Posted February 23, 2006 Posted February 23, 2006 the current season pass expires in sept. so its oct-sept. since no one else answered the question. lol lol Yeah...I just bought one on Prez weekend....didn't know it expired on Sept 30. Oh well...now I have an excuse to go to Dumont more before it gets too hot....I don't think I will be able to use it once Summer hits. Is it cool enough out there in Sept? Quote
dunefreak Posted February 23, 2006 Posted February 23, 2006 September is still pretty hot- in the 100's We usually start going in early October. Quote
trqjnky Posted April 13, 2006 Posted April 13, 2006 is dumont just miserably hot and unrideable during june-setptember? Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.