NEW TOY FOR ME!

SandBurro

Is that a corvair motor or a type 4 VW?

Have fun with it.

Its a type 3 or 4 VW. It was a resto project that the guy did not want to complete. The only thing i can see wrong with the car is the paint is blistering on top in 2 different areas from rust. The car ran fine from Temecula to Apple Valley at over 70MPH on the free way :watching::laughoff:

The pan is in great shape and the inside is complete except for the front door panels. I beleive the guy said it has a 1835cc motor with dual weber carbs. I also noiticed it has bilstein shocks and a full rollcage. It still has the original back seat to in good shape. I was kind sad when half way up here the car was stuck in 3 gear :ah: :lol: . This morning I took the rear cover to access the shift linkage below the back seat, all it was, was a screw that feel off. :blah: Well, this is my first VW and think its gona be alot of fun driving and learning what makes these VW's run. I only paid 1,900 for the car. Good deal ?

Edited by SandBurro

That looks awsomwe. I have seen those get all over dumnot witht the right driving. Congrats.

Thanks bro, this weekend, the interior is getting taken out, sanded and bed lined with the dupont stuff. Roll cage is getting rattle canned and dash is to. New shifter, ebrake, pedals, seat covers. Next week will be all the prep. for out side body work not to much, just sand and prime almost the whole thing except for 2 rust blisters on the roof. Then some 1 stage paint.