after market mass air flow sensor

I have a ranger and was thinkin about getting a aftermarket mass air flow sensor. I read its suppose to help a noticablepower increase and a little better on gas. Have any of you tried this on your truck and what did you think of it?

I have a ranger and was thinkin about getting a aftermarket mass air flow sensor. I read its suppose to help a noticablepower increase and a little better on gas. Have any of you tried this on your truck and what did you think of it?

Just my opinion but the sensor itself is clueless, it's the ECU that translates the data and makes adjustments. The aftermarket MAF sensor might be more/less sensitive and fools the ECU a little but you (or someone with the software and knowhow) should be able to do more with flashing/reprograming the ECU. That's how it's done in racing usually, but haven't got a clue about a Ranger. good luck

That sounds rediculous. Don't buy it.

• 2 weeks later...

i agree with all of them....:beercheers:

I can get your ECU flashed with a 60HP increase. It will run you about 200.00

But i would advise you of this. go get a stock ECU for your motor, then flash that one. and keep your stocker..(just in case) what size motor do you have?

I just sent off my ECU to a guy that works for Ford in Detroit. He does all the race rangers. By doing the flash on my 4.0. (was explained to me that) it will increase up to 60 HP and by pass all the O2 sensors.

I was turned on to this guy from Robby Woolworth. He did his ranger. Robby has full headers into single 3 inch pipes on both sides and dumps into 2 single chamber flow masters...It sounds bad a$$ and apparently it moves like a raped ape too! It lobes like its all cam'd out!