2006 ds650 carb

THE BIG E

i have a 2006 ds650 and i recently cleand out the carb and when i was done i put it back together and find out that the carb was leacking fuel form the over fill tude under the float so i take apart again i check to see if the float was loose and it seem ok so when i put it back together i still does the same thing so if could get some advice i would be help full thanks

Edited by THE BIG E

i have a 2006 ds650 and i recently cleand out the carb and when i was done i put it back together and find out that the carb was leacking fuel form the over fill tude under the float so i take apart again i check to see if the float was loose and it seem ok so when i put it back together i still does the same thing so if could get some advice i would be help full thanks

Take the carb off, remove the float bowl, hook up fuel line, hold float up and turn on fuel, if it leaks clean/replace needle and seat, if it doesn't leak your float level is too high, make sure your float doesn't have a leak and fuel inside the float. Good luck

Take the carb off, remove the float bowl, hook up fuel line, hold float up and turn on fuel, if it leaks clean/replace needle and seat, if it doesn't leak your float level is too high, make sure your float doesn't have a leak and fuel inside the float. Good luck

I have check the the float and it does not have a hole or crack on it i even taken of the float and hook it just how you said on it still leaks :laughoff:

I have check the the float and it does not have a hole or crack on it i even taken of the float and hook it just how you said on it still leaks :banghead:

take ONLY the float bowl off, leave the float on, it's what closes the needle valve into the seat, leave the fuel line attached and fuel turned on, with the float lifted up the fuel must shut off, if it doesn't and the needle valve and seat are clean then you need a new needle and seat

take ONLY the float bowl off, leave the float on, it's what closes the needle valve into the seat, leave the fuel line attached and fuel turned on, with the float lifted up the fuel must shut off, if it doesn't and the needle valve and seat are clean then you need a new needle and seat

Did the same thing and it does not leak but when i put the float bowl back it starts to leak again so what could be the problem

Did the same thing and it does not leak but when i put the float bowl back it starts to leak again so what could be the problem

Same as My 1st post, if it doesn't leak lifting the float up your fuel level is too high. It shoudn't take much pressure to shut off the needle, barely lifting the float up. Should be a tab on the float that pushes on the needle, Maybe it got bent, see it you can bend it upwards a little. There's a specification for the fuel height in a manual but you can test (if the overflow stops) by holding float bowl in place, carb level, and turn on the fuel for a few seconds then off and carefully lower the bowl to see how high the fuel is. You don't want it right at an overflow point or fuel will slosh out.

Same as My 1st post, if it doesn't leak lifting the float up your fuel level is too high. It shoudn't take much pressure to shut off the needle, barely lifting the float up. Should be a tab on the float that pushes on the needle, Maybe it got bent, see it you can bend it upwards a little. There's a specification for the fuel height in a manual but you can test (if the overflow stops) by holding float bowl in place, carb level, and turn on the fuel for a few seconds then off and carefully lower the bowl to see how high the fuel is. You don't want it right at an overflow point or fuel will slosh out.

hope this works :(

it seem to work but when i put the float back on the carb and put it on the ds it still leaks so what could be the problem with this carb

Check out the CanAm/BRP forum over at the Connection. This has been covered several times there and the measurments for the float adjustment are in the thread.

Might as well do the OMR stock carb mods while you're into the thing. FREE horsepower. Can't beat that....

Edited by aceisback

Check out the CanAm/BRP forum over at the Connection. This has been covered several times there and the measurments for the float adjustment are in the thread.

Might as well do the OMR stock carb mods while you're into the thing. FREE horsepower. Can't beat that....

:dunno::ninja: so sad to see that ds go i had some one offer me a good deal and could not let it go so with that money i an going to buy a banshee to take it apart as a project :whip: the guy offer to buy it for 5,000 bucks

Edited by THE BIG E

:dunno::ninja: so sad to see that ds go i had some one offer me a good deal and could not let it go so with that money i an going to buy a banshee to take it apart as a project :whip: the guy offer to buy it for 5,000 bucks

As always.................you don't listen and your posts make no sense....

If you can't fix something as simple as a carburetor I wouldn't recommend tearing into a Banshee. :blink:

Sounds like the needle/ seat were just not sealing. :lol:

well dunefreak i was going to sell my ds any ways so it is a win,win for me so i could get a banshee as a project

If you can't fix something as simple as a carburetor I wouldn't recommend tearing into a Banshee. :lol:

Sounds like the needle/ seat were just not sealing. :dayum:

True..............................................but can you imagine all the fun everyone can have with his banshee posts. It has two of everything. Just imagine all the future threads with horrible spelling and poor sentence structure!!!!! Man I can't wait!!!!! :blink:

True..............................................but can you imagine all the fun everyone can have with his banshee posts. It has two of everything. Just imagine all the future threads with horrible spelling and poor sentence structure!!!!! Man I can't wait!!!!! :blink:

haha :lol: