trip report form last weekend

SKINNER

Well the sand is hot and vegas is hot, and we have a coral trip in the near future already planned, So for our anniversary the wife (ninjagreengirl) bought me tower suite tickets to the Fram/Autolight nationals in Sonoma Ca. (its NHRA drag racing for those that arent familiar). We decided to make a long weekend out of it and took off on wed. night got to the folks house about 3:30 in the morning, and crashed out for the rest of the night/morning. Hung out with the folks on thursday and friday morning then headed to the track. We got to the track on friday night for the late round of qualifying and then hung out with some friends of ours until 11 or 12 that night at the track, some local wine makers were there in the hospitality area, and they of course brought some samples....bottle size of course! lol. We left and went to the hotel and checked in, and got ready to do it again on saturday. Hit the track saturday morning and went to check in to our tower, got all checked in, and now i think every race is gonna cost me three times as much as before, the suites rocked, food, drink, A/C, nice seating, drivers and owners hangin out, and all right on the start line! it was a blast! wife and i entered a little reaction time battle that Steve Johnson (pro stock motorcycle rider) had set up in the suite.....long story short....the wife won the whole thing and won a pair of simpson shoes, and we took a tour of Steves trailer set-up and hospitality area, it was pretty cool. All in all it was a great weekend can twait til october for the vegas race! here are some pics from the weekend, bizarrely there seems to be some sort of "rogue" sticker that kept appearing in the strangest places! lol

SI850031.jpg

IMG_0789.jpg

IMG_0814.jpg

Antron Brown, Matco tools dragster (won the event )

IMG_0817.jpg

Cory "Mac" , Fram dragster

IMG_0816.jpg

hmmm....Jim dunn's nitro funny car, sponsored by .....DDR?

IMG_0901.jpg

wife after she won the reaction time challenge, with Steve Johnson

IMG_0904.jpg

"borrowed" the UST golf cart for a minute to run to the truck

IMG_0946.jpg

Apparently DDR also sponsors pro stock motorcycles too!

SI850040-1.jpg

IMG_0920.jpg

this picture is for reference, according to my phone this was the place to eat, its called Old Chicago, its a pizza place in old town Petaluma Very cool place, cool atmosphere, if your ever in the area give it a try!