Been workin on the R1 Rhino a bit

MAXDOUT

So its at my buddy shop right now. We are moving and swapping the shifter for a billet cable sequencial shifter. Moved the factory e-brake to under the seat. Installing Empire Black Race plastics. I was able to have the rear paddles completely travel inside the fenders like a trophy truck. Removed the Fox air shocks. Installed new Fox 2.0 10" travel coilovers front and rear. And added at the rear, Fox double bypass each side. Raised the seat height 2" in the rear. Now you can actually see over the dash. Fixing the floor board where you push the clutch. (very confined area). Added Race Radios (picture of the radio's not in my dash)with Ipod hook up. Corrected the angle of the front shock towers. New front mohawks and new rear paddles. Painted the frame all gloss black, and shooting all the sheet metal panels tomorrow. then throw in some new seats, and belts and I'm ready for the season. Pics later once it's all back together. Pic's are of it still in the process.

post-448-1252717105_thumb.jpg

post-448-1252717119_thumb.jpg

post-448-1252717132_thumb.jpg

post-448-1252717144_thumb.jpg

post-448-1252717182_thumb.jpg

post-448-1252717199_thumb.jpg

post-448-1252717213_thumb.jpg

post-448-1252717225_thumb.jpg

:laughoff::lol::lol::lol::laughoff::lol::beercheers:

Coming from a guy that had 2....I said 2 gay a$$ rhino's, I should consider your laughter as not only envy but a compliment as well. Don't worry other duners will see it as well, but dismiss it shortly when they realize you are no longer the "Rhino King or Queen" as you proclaim. Maybe some day you will be back out in the dunes with the real men. Not the guys that have "bugs"................... :laughoff: bugs are for girls the last time I checked. But good luck with that. :headbang1::lol::laughoff::laughoff: Why don't you just get back into mini-trucks.... :idiot::slap::lol::laughoff:

there is absolutely nothing wrong with vw's i have a 73 baja fully caged, and a vw motor in a no travel rail, must be nice to have money to hang and/or keep up with Jone's. or in your words "real men"

Grow some thicker skin dude. Street bugs are not my thing..............gay if you ask me. So look a little more into it than your assumption. And to clarify.........I don't need to keep up with the Jone's. So save it for someone YOU need to compete with. Obviously you must be young. Save it, or go to facebook or twitter or whatever you youngster's do. :headbang1::beercheers:

Edited by MAXDOUT

• 2 weeks later...

nice tyler, what gearbox is in that thing RPM?? i like the rear shock set up..

I am running the stock rear diff. That is the weakest link, however if and when it fails there are a ton of stock diff's out there for sale. Easy swap and cheap. It has held up great so far. But I don't drop the clutch and wheelie or anything like that. But it straight up hauls azz. :lol:

A couple of pics since I put the new seats in it.

post-448-1253914732_thumb.jpg

post-448-1253914747_thumb.jpg

post-448-1253914759_thumb.jpg

post-448-1253914771_thumb.jpg

post-448-1253914785_thumb.jpg

post-448-1253914797_thumb.jpg

post-448-1253914815_thumb.jpg

post-448-1253914832_thumb.jpg

Edited by MAXDOUT

The motor is sideways. The exhaust manifold faces the driver's seat, then to the back. Where the stock sprocket is, there is aan extension with a sprocket. Connected to another sprocket connected to the rear diff. shaft that feeds into the rear diff. So, basically 2 jack-shafts if you will. They in turn...turn the rear end. So, the motor being rated at 150 horse, it probably loses some of that running through the jack-shafts. BUT.............it works. :lol: :rhino:

******look at this picture. You can see the sprocket and chain connected to the rear diff, drive line (kind of).

post-448-1253925792_thumb.jpg

Edited by MAXDOUT

• 2 months later...

i just put mohawks on my rhino too, do you wear chains on the jacksaft, from the heat of a short chain???

Today I dropped in off in Mesa AZ, to have the motor swapped out to a newer R1. They are going to replace the spokets and chain since there is a little bit of cuping going on. Throw in some new HID headlights and LED tailights, and it should be good to go for the rest of the season. Should ber ready next week. Just in time for New Years............... :beer_bang: Then, I think it going to be for sale. I think I'm going into the pre-runner truck "world" ???????? :beer_bang:

• 3 weeks later...