Rebuilding water pumps on our 2004 YFZ 450's

Free Agent

Just buy the factory seals (inner and outter), shaft, bearing and washer, you will also need the side cover gasket. I know that some just replace the outter seal, but if you do, the shaft could be out of spec or have burs and ruin the new outter seal.

A battery powered impact is a good way to get the impeller off just a FYI

Edited by mineurbiz

Just buy the factory seals (inner and outter), shaft, bearing and washer, you will also need the side cover gasket. I know that some just replace the outter seal, but if you do, the shaft could be out of spec or have burs and ruin the new outter seal.

A battery powered impact is a good way to get the impeller off just a FYI

Thanks 17633thumbsUp.gif

Here's the part numbers.

Bearing~93306-00105-00 (B6001)

Large oil seal~93102-11008-00

Small oil seal~93102-12106-00 (SD-12-22-5-HS)

Impeller~5GR-12458-00-00

Side case gasket~5TA-15462-00-00

post-184-1256001985_thumb.jpg

Thanks,

I went in Monday and the parts kids was totally lost, had no clue.

I'll try my local Yami dealer armed with your parts list today.

Appreciate you taking the time to post it.

Thanks,

I went in Monday and the parts kids was totally lost, had no clue.

I'll try my local Yami dealer armed with your parts list today.

Appreciate you taking the time to post it.

Check out boats.net, they have good prices and then compare them to the dealer, since the dealer will have to order them anyways (they don't stock crap).

Anthing we should be aware of?

Do ya just buy the rebuild kit from Yami and go at it, or is their some aftermarket method?

Thanks.

I would look into getting a billet impeller. 9digit on here did the change to his when he heard they were prone to failure. Has had his in since '05 i believe without any issues.

I would look into getting a billet impeller. 9digit on here did the change to his when he heard they were prone to failure. Has had his in since '05 i believe without any issues.

The impeller is not the point of failure, the bearing and seals are. The billet impellers are usually high flow and help move the water. I believe that ESR did a test and showed that the water from the motor and the water from the raditor were no that far off. This would lead me to believe that high flow impeller is not really needed.

The impeller is not the point of failure, the bearing and seals are. The billet impellers are usually high flow and help move the water. I believe that ESR did a test and showed that the water from the motor and the water from the raditor were no that far off. This would lead me to believe that high flow impeller is not really needed.

All fixed.

Thanks for the help!!