WW status

Danny

I might be buying a small toy hauler for myself in the near future and I was wondering what the status of Weekend Warrior is. This will be my first TH so i don't want to get involved with a company that isn't going to be able to stand behind their products. If something breaks in/on the hauler are they going to be replaceable or am I going to be out of luck?

FWIW, i'll be getting a small (18-23ft) used one. Thanks for the help

:headbang1:

WW dosnt exist anymore, but the new co. (warior lifestyles) has parts and will use alot of the same parts as do other manufactuers.

warrior wasnt the only company to go under and wont be the last. If your buyin used be prepaired to fix what breaks, generally RV parts are all the same.

Thats hard to say, electricals would be my guess but, I havent had any problems yet. Fridge, water pump heater so on could last forever or quit tomorrow. Every trailer needs to be sealed to stop leaks regularly.

And alot of things depend on how hard you are on them.

if your in vegas give johnnie walkers a look.. if you want baller look at mee status warrior lifestyles just came out with their first 2 haulers. Identical to warriors even using the same plant warriors were mfg'd at back in idaho. Mark the previous owner is doing the floorplans and design since he was good at that and thats as far as his involvment goes..

Another great brand on the market would be Eclipse.. both their attitude and stellar lines are very plush and well built.

Thanks jackxclan. Do things break often on these things? Typically what are the things that break?

Just pay special attention to tire maintenance and air pressure. Don't overload it as the springs can go bad at around 8-10 years with heavy usage.

And my hint of the day is ......don't drive under an 8 foot bridge with a 9 foot Toy Hauler!!! :beercheers:

Right now you should be able to buy a used WW for about 3k back of book. Be careful of the fifth wheel as the last cpl yrs of manufacturing they had some design/engineering problems and the front area is somewhat weak and may cause a lot of problems.

Right now you should be able to buy a used WW for about 3k back of book. Be careful of the fifth wheel as the last cpl yrs of manufacturing they had some design/engineering problems and the front area is somewhat weak and may cause a lot of problems.

I have a 08 WW 5th wheel and no issues, if I remember right the chasis were made by Zieman? Water pumps are a common issue on RV's, fittings, screws backing out ect... but we have had great luck with our WW.

I have a 08 WW 5th wheel and no issues, if I remember right the chasis were made by Zieman? Water pumps are a common issue on RV's, fittings, screws backing out ect... but we have had great luck with our WW.

Same, I also have a WW and I've been very happy with mine except for ....

Id have to agree with indasand's statement below...

Everything breaks eventually, if I had to do it all over again I would of purchased a used hauler to save me some money....

:beercheers:

Edited by Bryan M

one thing i have noticed since buying our "starter" hauler is that the saying "the last inch is more important than the first mile" is true among haulers. for the most part, they are all "assembled" with relatively the same parts, fridges, stoves, water heaters, furnaces, a/c units, pretty much are the same or very simillar between manufacturers. when your shopping though, take time to look at the workmanship itself, and look at stuff that cant be hidden by flashy graphics and custom interiors and big stereos. get under it if possible and look around at the assembly and materials used. perfect example is my buddies hauler, on his way home from dumont the fresh water tank decided to fall out, no sh*t, fell out and landed on the axles. we got under it and looked to see what broke and found out that nothing broke, just bad design and assembly. unit had an adjustable tank 'rail" with a set screw type deal to hold it in place. and no center support strap running across the tank. lifted the tank up, slid the "bracket" back in place and tightened it, then got home and fixed it properly. of course I looked at mine after that and was happy to see that my tanks were welded in with 2 full length L-beams, and a full length center support. cant remeber the name of the company that made his hauler, but needless to say, they are out of business. long long long story short, take your time and go over the rig with a fine tooth comb, its a big investment, and buying quality, is better than fixing a discount!

:beercheers:

when buying.....be prepared to do a pre-delivery inspection, or PDI...

here is the one i used when getting my first trailer. ive had it over 5 years...and it is doing well...ive had some issues, but ive fixed them all myself, and im not that mechanically inclined

http://www.angelfire.com/trek/buenavistas/.../PDI_V113_2.pdf

be prepared to spend some time looking over the unit you are buying...you will need to test all the systems, crawl under the hauler to look for anything that doesnt look right, check all the cabinets, fuel station, beds, and if the raise, lower properly, ....EVERYTHING....

at my PDI...i was there for almost 9 hours....the pdi guy was gettin pissy the whole time, and I told him, "why dont you leave, and ill call you when Im done, cause im gonna be here awhile." he told me he couldnt leave, and i said

"well, quit bitchin cause im ploppin down a large amount of money for this thing and i want to make sure it works before i take delivery. if you cant understand why im doing this, then tell Bob (or salesman) that you just pissed away his commision because you pissed me off."

i did find a couple of things wrong...and they fixed them right there...BEFORE I GAVE THEM MY MONEY