What Are Your Off Season Improvements?

dunefreak

I've bought some new Crow belts. Thanks Suspensions Unlimited! They have nice friendly staff and a good prices too! :D Now I can't get any sh*t for them being sun bleached and old. :laughoff::laughoff: I also plan on replacing my seats and getting a new pipe to quiet down my rail as soon I get a hold of the guy. :D

I'd like to install an Odyssey battery, but I think my battery tray will have to be modified.

Hopefully I can get some full side panels made up too if time and money permit. :idiot:

Hopefully i will replace my motor with my 3.2 acura monoport ( its currently sitting in my garage) with ball bearing up-grades, it should put out about 400 hp on 5 lbs of boost. Fix my reverse, and maybe some HID's.

I'm definatly pullin' my trans to replace my clutch and pressure plate.

I'm sure I'll have to turn my flywheel too. Like last year.

Going to machine a new rack and pinion top plate with nylon plugs and set screws to take out play that drives me f*in nuts.

Grafix....Well I'm thinkin' something would be nice.

Especially because ALL the chumps I've been camping with are powdering their cars RED. :laughoff:

I've got a front wheel that looks like I bout it from Fred Flinstone.

I run tubes in my front tires so it does still hold air just fine.

May, at least buy a spare to take.

I might treat the car to a water wash. I've never washed it with water.

I always just blow it off with compressed air then a wipe down with Quick detailer.

Don't want rust.

Hope that's it.

R-

Hopefully i will replace my motor with my 3.2 acura monoport ( its currently sitting in my garage) with ball bearing up-grades, it should put out about 400 hp on 5 lbs of boost. Fix my reverse, and maybe some HID's.

fix reverse? what about first, third and fourth? :laughoff:

I will be adding the HID's I purchased....and that's about it.

I had planned on doing more, but I'm worried about the tranny and engine case having cracks and will probably need to replace those. :laughoff: I'm not looking forward to it. Does anyone know anyone that will do case swaps? It's a VW..... I already have a tranny case and will be looking for an engine case.

Anyone?

I had planned on doing more, but I'm worried about the tranny and engine case having cracks and will probably need to replace those. :laughoff: I'm not looking forward to it. Does anyone know anyone that will do case swaps? It's a VW..... I already have a tranny case and will be looking for an engine case.

Anyone?

Hey Gerald,

How did your motor and trans crack? :flipoff:

Was it the way your chassis holds them?

I had that problem with my blue VW car, remember?

If it's the same situation, I got a great design.

Let me know, I've been through it.

R-

Hey Gerald,

How did your motor and trans crack? :laughoff:

Was it the way your chassis holds them?

I had that problem with my blue VW car, remember?

If it's the same situation, I got a great design.

Let me know, I've been through it.

R-

The way the chassis is holding them....I assume. PM sent.

HEY JJ MORE PROBLEMS WITH THE FORD :laughoff::flipoff::laughoff::laughoff:

I KNOW YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT ROSS'S CAR

HAHAHAHA! I thought we were cool man!

Anyway I need to get a new panel made for the roof of my buggy, but got a little tight on funds this summer. But think I sold the house so its time to get one!

• 3 months later...

I thought I would resurrect this thread for one more improvement to the rail.....besides a new engine cage, HID's and possibly wiring.....

I am adding "economy" disk brakes. They aren't the prettiest...but they are disk. I can finally throw out my 1962 drum brakes, and not worry about adjustments!

Freshened up the Motor, went thru the trans, replaced the seat belts, replaced the radiator and Walt built me some custom radiator mounts for it. Let's see anything else? Gawd i hope not I may never recover from this!

Yep I got MOST of my goals met for rail improvements done...new seat belts, new chain and sprocket, new side panels, new battery, rewired my HID's to eliminate the remote switch, and added a nice new SuperStrapp to the trunk. :D I'm ready! :thumb: :shocked2:

We had a really late night last night....but we got it done. Here are some pics of the improved engine cage. I really don't think it'll be a problem anymore. Thanks for the drawings Randog and thanks for all your hard work JohnnyTaco!!!

post-475-1161711624.jpg

post-475-1161711645.jpg

post-475-1161711745.jpg

We had a really late night last night....but we got it done. Here are some pics of the improved engine cage. I really don't think it'll be a problem anymore. Thanks for the drawings Randog and thanks for all your hard work JohnnyTaco!!!

3 Pictures

Dude,

That is SWEEEEEEEEEEET! :laughoff:

Great job. I think your Golden now. :D

Glad I could help you G. :flipoff:

C-ya out there :rockwoot::laughoff:

R-