Lifan engine swap

rushjunkie

ok, so i've tried looking up a comprehensive how-to on how to swap out the stock engine for a Lifan. Can't find anything with all the details. I already have the TRX side cover to convert to pull start and I have a spare pull starter. More specifically, i need to know if i need to mod the cover, what electrics it requires, which intake to run, etc... Just want to have all the parts at once.

I've also looked into buying a pit bike as a heart donor so i could use some other parts, but I seem to only find SSR pit bikes out here. Any idea if those engines are any good? :pics:

Any help is appreciated... :lol:

Funny you posted this. I was looking into the same thing since I started tearing mine down. I need MORE POWER too. :lol:

If you get the pull start mod handled then you should be set other than maybe having to get the modded carb intake so it clears. I think dr atv sells the manifold.

I hear they bolt right up and use the 420 chain still. From what I hear there's not much else other than on some I guess you might have to extend or lengthen the footpeg assembly where the bolt to the motor.

I think the factory exhaust bolts right up to the Lifan motors, but don't hold me to that.

Liuke I said, I am in the same stage right now researching it as well.

Which Lifan motor were you looking at puttin in? cc? auto, clutch?

follow this link and click on each picture. Hopefully it will help.

http://www.dratv.com/adyoatpustto.html

That does help. Thanks!

Funny you posted this. I was looking into the same thing since I started tearing mine down. I need MORE POWER too. :lol:

If you get the pull start mod handled then you should be set other than maybe having to get the modded carb intake so it clears. I think dr atv sells the manifold.

I hear they bolt right up and use the 420 chain still. From what I hear there's not much else other than on some I guess you might have to extend or lengthen the footpeg assembly where the bolt to the motor.

I think the factory exhaust bolts right up to the Lifan motors, but don't hold me to that.

Liuke I said, I am in the same stage right now researching it as well.

Which Lifan motor were you looking at puttin in? cc? auto, clutch?

Looks like the 125cc manual clutch is the best bang for buck. I think that i'd have to trim the front fender or run without one with that engine tho. Unless i stretch the frame... :MBdance: Trying not to :pics: with this thing cuz i have another I want to keep all honda...

contact poule43 on here and he can answer ANY atc 70 question you will ever have.

I think I've read all the 70 posts on GD and didn't find a full thread on a conversion. I'll try hittin him up tho...

Watch the spacing, to line up the sprocket on the Lifan with the rear sprocket, some you have to shim. From what I have talked to people, you are just as good to buy the full 88kit as you are the 125 lifan. I have not tried this to prove it, but some Utah guys have. You do not have to stretch the frame for the 125 Lifan, if the motor hits the fender, your frame is bent and you need to see the thread on how to fix it. You will either have to cut the rear fenders or use the pull start conversion like rush is planning on. Also find a CRF50 exhaust, the stocker is just going to cork up the power your adding with the new motor. If you know an exhaust guy, supposedly you can make a slight bend and make the CRF exhaust work like Aaron B did.

You should look at the 150cc motors.

http://shop.pitsterpro.com/custombuilt150.aspx

Edited by mineurbiz

The 125 works fine in a factory chassis. I have had three 125cc motors in mine, they just barely rub the front fender. As far as the pull start conversion it gets a lil tricky but do able. I can get you pictures on the fit for a 125 to the front fender if needed. If you need help with the lifan just let me know, happy to help :lol:

Just checking on the lifan engine swap. Does it bolt right in to the frame and all other parts???

And hows the difference between going with the 88CC kit versus the 110CC. seems to me the Lifan motor package is cheaper than the 88CC Kit??

Which is easier and gives more ponies???