Free Child OHV Safety Course at Dumont, New Years!

Jmanx

The San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department is providing another free Child OHV Safety Course at the Sheriff's/BLM command post at Dumont on Saturday New Years weekend, 01-02-2010. Class will start at 10AM. The class should last between 1-2 hours. Bring your child and their quad/MC as we teach them the basics for safe OHV riding. I know a lot of you are responsible parents and have already taught your children how to ride safely (hats off to all of you!!), but stop by with your kids anyway! Its fun and each child will be given a certificate at the completion of the class. Also, feel free to stop by the Sheriff's command post and ask for me (Jake, the one who drives the Sheriff's buggy) and voice your opinions/concerns. Have your kids jump in the Sheriff's buggy and snap a pic. If im not around, someone will be there to help you. Last trip it was brought to our attention that the speeds around the camp sites are out of control. That issue will be a main focus of ours this go around. Happy New Years! See ya at the dunes........ :booty:

Glad to see you keeping an eye on camp area speeds! Thanks!

I talked to the Ranger when I got there Saturday just before noon and they said that there was only one little girl that showed up. They said they are going to do flyers in the future since they get grant money to do these clinics!!!!

Hopefully there will be far more the next time they do it!

:laughing:

I talked to the Ranger when I got there Saturday just before noon and they said that there was only one little girl that showed up. They said they are going to do flyers in the future since they get grant money to do these clinics!!!!

Hopefully there will be far more the next time they do it!

:thumb:

That was my girl. I'm very proud of her and she had a great time. We rode back to camp and I let out the throttle screw for her :blink: Anyways, big thumbs up for the Instructer and all the SBC Sheriffs out at Dumont. I talked to most of them and they were all very informitive and great people to BS with. They said they will offer the course on President's day again. I'd highly recommend any children to attend :laughing: