GPS mount ideas for my ranger

Richard Cheese

I have a handheld GPS, a garmin etrex legend

post-457-1262714672_thumb.jpg

I want to use a cradle, and mount it to the cage, near the plastics, on the driver side

Ive been looking at RAM components, but DAMN :laughing: they think an awful lot of their products. :hello:

does anyone have a budget-conscience idea that I could use to mount my handheld GPS to my ranger?

I also want to run 12v to it, so i can plug it in to 12v when using it in the ranger, so as not to waste the batteries, and end up throwing them at AZZHAT CAMP RACERS

thanks

i have the xog, and it came with the windshield mount, i took the ball apart,(in half) and drilled a small hole in the dash and bolted it on the other side, and made it a free dash mount.

Just ordered this one as a handlebar mount. Don't know if it swivels and if the diameter will work for your cage. Guess I'll wait to get it and let a brutha kno! :B

Handlebar Mount

i was wondering what that little metal wingnut type thing was for on the back of my receiver :hello:

lemme know...although i dont think it will fit the ranger...it def will fit my quad

I got a billet mount for that same gps from pacific customs in corona, never had a problem. I took it off my old car when I bought the new car, which came with it's own gps. It has an 1 1/2 bar clamp that's innerchangeable. I bought the 12v wire harness over at the Bass Pro Shop; I got tired of changing batteries. You could try a universal cell (squeeze type)holder, but you get what you pay for; the cost of cool isn't cheap :hello:

Something to think about....

Vibration protection that mounts like RAM and Tourtech provide will provide will make your GPS unit last much longer than your "budget minded" mount.

I have seen many GPS units come and go, most all of the failures were due to vibration.

I got a billet mount for that same gps from pacific customs in corona..............................

I will never buy from them again. Did I say never? I meant NEVER! :finger:

Don't mean to be negative, but...

They have some inexperience in their sales staff and the manager lied to back up their mistakes.

Then they don't refund shipping even when it was their mistake. :pissed:

I was totally blown away. WTF :dunno: Found out that others had similar issues with them.

... Anyways, Just be careful. Rant over.

Hope they were good to you Andydew. :atv:

---

yO Cheesebongazoid, :cheesebong:

I got this IMS mount for mine. Works great, even upside down. :coocoo::dunno:

Great product for the Garmins. Rubber mounted too. :thumb:

Check em' out mmmmANg.

R-

post-591-1262752741_thumb.jpg

I will never buy from them again. Did I say never? I meant NEVER! :finger:

They have some inexperience in their sales staff and the manager lied to back up their mistakes.

Then they don't refund shipping even when it was their mistake. :pissed:

I was totally blown away. WTF :dunno: Found out that others had similar issues with them.

Hope they were good to you Andydew. :atv:

---

yO Cheesebongazoid, :cheesebong:

I got this IMS mount for mine. Works great, even upside down. :coocoo::dunno:

Great product for the Garmins. Rubber mounted too. :thumb:

Check em' out mmmmANg.

R-

post-591-1262752741_thumb.jpg

you have that mounted to a tab on the cage? I need a cage mount.like a bar clamp ..did they have those?

i could probably find someone to weld a tab onto my cage tho.....it sucks not knowing someone who welds

you have that mounted to a tab on the cage? I need a cage mount.like a bar clamp ..did they have those?

i could probably find someone to weld a tab onto my cage tho.....it sucks not knowing someone who welds

IMS sells this bracket with a billet bar mount.

Find someone that sells IMS products.

Just be careful who. :dunno:

:atv:

R-

I will never buy from them again. Did I say never? I meant NEVER! :ahhhhh:

Then they don't refund shipping even when it was their mistake. :whistle:

I was totally blown away. WTF :ahhhhh: Found out that others had similar issues with them.

Hope they were good to you Andydew. :assblast:

Ya, I'm pickin up what you're throwing down about the inexperienced sales staff! I asked the kid what he's heard about funco's when I was shopping for one, and he asked what they were...in a buggy shop :laughoff:

I haven't had any problems, but I live 15 min. from them, so I can look at what I'm picking up. Thanks for the feedback, though; I'll consider this if buying from them again