What size clutch?

A-A-Ron

Im building that 2 seat buggy with the Honda 3.5 and a 091 trans. What size clutch do i want to use a 200mm or the 228mm?

:lol:

I am no clutch expert but my thought is the lighter the clutch and flywheel the better and a hi pressure

plate is important to eliminate any slipping with a H/D disc.

:atv:

Give these guys a call. They make them and know what they are doing.

Kennedy Engineered Productswww.kennedyeng.com

38830 17th Street East

Palmdale, CA 93550-3915

(661) 272-1147

KEP recommended the 228 with a 3 pad disc and a stage 2 pressure plate. I have had others recommend the 228mm (9 inch) 6-pad disc with "stage 3" pressure plate. :lol:

KEP recommended the 228 with a 3 pad disc and a stage 2 pressure plate. I have had others recommend the 228mm (9 inch) 6-pad disc with "stage 3" pressure plate. :lol:

the heavier the p-plate the bigger your master cyl should be that will feed the clutch slave, so you have less pedal pressure.

If you friends with 'practical application' knowledge have had 'continued' success with thier setup go with their setup. if they're set up is fairly new and thus not something you want to gamble on liking, go with what kennedy suggests.

I'm running a 6 puck 9" with a stage 3 on a turbo Honda.

You could also call Don at SCU. Just keep your question brief :)

Note: an 8" will fry after a trip or 2 if running a 9" pressure plate. No need to ask how I know ;)

Edited by Mike330R

KEP recommended the 228 with a 3 pad disc and a stage 2 pressure plate. I have had others recommend the 228mm (9 inch) 6-pad disc with "stage 3" pressure plate. :blury:

Tough call. :freakin_nuts:

Kennedy probably considered the 091 trans in their recommendation of the 2 stage.

The 2 stage will slip more than the 3 stage, which might not be bad with the 091 trans.

Most people would say "but it's just a V6". However the Honda's do put out a handful of torque.

A lot of it just depends on how you plan to drive and treat the clutch. :thumb:

KEP does upgrades on pressure plates and rebuilds discs too. :dope:

FYI:

I have a 3.5 Honda with a turbo @ 10 lbs through a 2D Mendi. I'm running a 9 inch, 6-pad, stage 4.

Lasts about a season and a half.

R-

:randog:

FYI:

I have a 3.5 Honda with a turbo @ 10 lbs through a 2D Mendi. I'm running a 9 inch, 6-pad, stage 4.

Lasts about a season and a half.

R-

:randog:

I have a 3.2 Acura with a turbo @ 8 lbs though a 4E Mendi. I'm running the same set up in a much heavier car. :freakin_nuts: