Show and Shine Turn Out

BIG DAVE XP1K

For all that missed the show and shine today,

I'm sorry I did not have the opportunity to meet and chat face to face with more DDR members. I was so looking foward to the the chance to put faces to the screen names and meet some new dune junkies. However, as small as the gathering was, a good time was had by all who attended, in my opinion.

Props to Dave for having the event held at his beautiful shop. If you have not had the opportunity to visit Artistic Iron Works take some time to stop by and see all the beautiful iron works they have to offer. The pizza guy had some great pizza and members brought out some really nice toys. We also had the opportunity to introduce our passion to a few people that had no idea what playing in the sand was all about. I am hoping in the future, the opportunity arises to hold another such event, so we can have many more DDR members attend to share our passion for this amaizing activity that consumes our every waking moment.

:laughing:

Edited by Big Dave

dam good times, we got to look at everyones really cool toys, everything from the 70s to drag quads, busa rails LT sand cars and RZRs. Thanks for hosting Dave, maybe we can do it again before season is over! i think this rainy weather is what prevented alot from showing up.

dam good times, we got to look at everyones really cool toys, everything from the 70s to drag quads, busa rails LT sand cars and RZRs. Thanks for hosting Dave, maybe we can do it again before season is over! i think this rainy weather is what prevented alot from showing up.

Hey Cole, I never got that picture with the Lamborghini. :P :atc:

I had a really good time yesterday. Thank you Dave & Tina for having us! Your Iron Works store is beautiful. I definitely want to come back, see you guys and SHOP! :P

Here are a few pics that I took from my phone....

The store...

post-1635-1264354287_thumb.jpg

Some vehicles...

post-1635-1264354253_thumb.jpg

Dave's RZR S...

post-1635-1264354270_thumb.jpg

The 70's...

post-1635-1264353981_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kitcat

Haha... Nice Cole! Had a good time and I knew I wasn't gonna get away from that post just surprised it took half the day before anyone came over...lol. Nice meeting you guys and a thanks to Capt for letting me use his shop for storage.

1st let me say how much I appreciate everyone that took there day off, called in day off (big Dave) and to those that attended, No event can make it without you people who sacrifice time out of your work or family schedule. I for 1 had a great time and yes I think before the season ends we will do another day.

I am thinking maybe a 1st Friday maybe June or July and try to mix it with the 1st fri crowed... for some that dont know what 1st Fri is...Its an arts festival that the city puts on downtown Arts Area (where our shop is located and 3 blocks east... it encompasses a big area and there are a lot of ppl who attend ... young and old..We would start at about 530 6pm ish and go until maybe 1 or 2 pm.. Haaa it would be like a dune trip on pavement.. I have a big parking area that is gated at the end of the street so the haulers could be camped and you could stay there. Just an idea as of now and if I see a little interest we can look into it..

I think that opportunity would be a good 1 for all of us and I am feeling we can fill up my parking lot with toys, light it up so it cant be missed, hook up some tunes and go from there.

I was a little nervous up to about 11ish when ppl started showing up... and yes it is nice to talk to ppl that have never seen nor enjoyed our passion..to give an opportunity for us to show... maybe get some press (good press)..

Great turn out as far as I was concerned, considering the weather... we had a great time being able to meet new faces and some old ones... Have some refreshments and not be worried about much but talking lol.

Many thanks to Jake the Pizza guy... OMG I love his pizza with the small crispy crust..

Cant wait till the next 1..

Capt

post-1097-1264363089_thumb.jpg

post-1097-1264363103_thumb.jpg

post-1097-1264363121_thumb.jpg

post-1097-1264363135_thumb.jpg

post-1097-1264363153_thumb.jpg

post-1097-1264363172_thumb.jpg

post-1097-1264363194_thumb.jpg

post-1097-1264363214_thumb.jpg

post-1097-1264363228_thumb.jpg

post-1097-1264363254_thumb.jpg

post-1097-1264363275_thumb.jpg

post-1097-1264363293_thumb.jpg

post-1097-1264363329_thumb.jpg

post-1097-1264363347_thumb.jpg

post-1097-1264363369_thumb.jpg

Wow Captn,

That cool little green RZR must have been in the shadow of that beautiful Orange sand rail,

cause I know I saw it there but didnt see it in any of those pics any where :ninja:

I think I have about 50 more pics to load.. had to leave and eat lol... will post more in a few

yes the orange 1 is mine... :headbang1:

Capt