New Rhino owner.

iweb

Ok, got the new camo Rhino this weekend and since its the first time that I have been in one I have lots of questions.

Book says gear box oil takes 80W GL4 and the local dealer said they don't even make that after looking in his book so he sold me Yamaha 80W-90 GL-4,GL-5 shaft drive gear oil, is that what you guys use?

This thing has alot of noises and one is a bad vibration at 5-8 mph, is this normal?

It acts like the rear end is binding up in a sharp turn taking off, ok?

The rear end is so hot after a ride it burns my fingers, ok?

The vent thing behind the shifter shoots out air, normal?

Twice out of a bazillion times it bogged out and wouldn't hardley pull up a steep hill in the subdivision, what would cause this? If I feathered the gas pedal it would run better but not good until I got to the top.

Where do you all get your bling like roof, mirrors, wheels, etc? Know of any used take off stuff for sale?

Thanks and I will have more questions as I can remember them.

Ok, got the new camo Rhino this weekend and since its the first time that I have been in one I have lots of questions.

Book says gear box oil takes 80W GL4 and the local dealer said they don't even make that after looking in his book so he sold me Yamaha 80W-90 GL-4,GL-5 shaft drive gear oil, is that what you guys use?

This thing has alot of noises and one is a bad vibration at 5-8 mph, is this normal?

Twice out of a bazillion times it bogged out and wouldn't hardley pull up a steep hill in the subdivision, what would cause this? If I feathered the gas pedal it would run better but not good until I got to the top.

Where do you all get your bling like roof, mirrors, wheels, etc? Know of any used take off stuff for sale?

vibration yes,binding up no, hot rear end no,the vent should suck air, not shoot it!!! major problem,if your talking about the sub division in duck you need to take the elbow boot off behind the vent,,hey im selling my roll cage with lights,, with exchange for 700.00 sweet deal!!!thats with lights!!

Edited by rhino king

What would make it shoot air instead of suck air? Its brand new.

Would low oil make the box hot?

Would taking off the boot make it suck air from under the hood and I assume you mean the boot that connects to the vent we are talking about?

What would make it shoot air instead of suck air? Its brand new.

Would low oil make the box hot?

Would taking off the boot make it suck air from under the hood and I assume you mean the boot that connects to the vent we are talking about?

1 :laughoff::woo_hoo::laughoff: 2 :laughoff::dunno: 3 yes

sounds to me like the binding when you turn a sharp corner is the dif. Mine does the same thing on pavement or concrete etc. IF THE TIRES CANT SLIP A LITTLE IT PUTS ALOT OF force on the dif.

You aren't in 4WD on hard pack are you? :unsure:

If the Rhinos are anything like the Grizzly (which they are), the rear end doesn't have a diff in it. It's spooled, so therefore you will get some binding/ jerking on harder packed terrain or pavement. This is normal.

As far as the rear end getting hot...yes it will be pretty warm or even hot after a hard run.

For gear oil for the front and rear end, just use any 80 WT GL4 or better (GL5) oil. It's just gear oil, like the oil in the rear end of trucks. You don't need any special fluid or brand or synthetic, just plain ol gear oil. :banghead:

:idiot::banghead: CONGRATS ON THE RHINO. WE JUST BOUGHT ONE NOT TO LONG AGO. :laughoff: IF YOU WANT BLING/COOL STUFF FOR YOUR RHINO, CHECK OUT CUSTOMMOTORSPORTS.COM, THEY HAVE EVERYTHING YOU NEED AND IN STOCK....ALSO CHECK OUT SUPERDUTYHEADQUARTERS.COM., I JUST GOT BILLET ROUND MIRRORS FROM THEM, BAD-a$$, NOBODY ELSE HAS THEM. SEE YOU AT DUMONT. :unsure:

Thanks for the help and links, I think now the jerking is normal, I can use the oil that I bought, and this weekend I am going to check out the vent thingie.

Noticed that the book calls for hypoid gear oil and the bottle that I got from the dealer says shaft drive oil and does not say hypoid, is that ok and what is hypoid?????

Noticed that the book calls for hypoid gear oil and the bottle that I got from the dealer says shaft drive oil and does not say hypoid, is that ok and what is hypoid?????

"Hypoid" is a certain cut of gear and that type of gear oil is capable of resisting higher pressures than regular gear oil. Does the bottle say GL4 or 5 anywhere on it? If it's GL4 or better you'll be ok.

Shaft drive oil? :chev_bowtie: :chev_bowtie: Never heard of it.

:stirthepot:

you can get rhino goodies at rhino bling.com