installed bilstien 5100's on the d-max

I went from the stock, blown out shocks to the "HD" :laughoff: monroe's......those things blew for beer money. They lasted all of two years...about 50k... on my truck. Better than stock, but still

I finally sacked up and bought the bilstiens....while taking off the monroe's.....the back ones had leaked fluid.....after dumping the fluid, i could push and pull them with NO resistance. Those POS"s were on my truck a few weeks ago taking the hauler and string to Oceano :laughing:

Anyway...those new 5100's are the shizzle fo' suzzle, BIZZLE :freakin_nuts: Every little nuance that i used to feel, GONE...railroad tracks no :thumb: problem.

I would recommend anyone with a diesel to swap out to at least the bilstien blue and yellow

I helped my wife's kid sister put the blue and yellow ones on her Z71, about 2 months before she totalled it. :laughing: Oh well.

Do you think the front or the rear makes the most improvement?

On my new dually, the front end rides pretty nice; while it seems the back end just chatters down the freeway(as most 1 tons do). Now I am running semi tires, but they're aired WAY DOWN, like 25 when I'm not towing;but still chatters. Would these shocks help out my issue, or is my issue just due to the 1 ton leafs? :freakin_nuts:

nice. Simple and easy fixes/ upgrades are always such a great feeling when you are done. Did you go through shockwhorehouse.com or somewhere else?

:freakin_nuts:

I went through shockwhorehouse.sukit.....best price, but lagging in customer service. i guess if you want the lowest prices, you pay for it in other ways

I helped my wife's kid sister put the blue and yellow ones on her Z71, about 2 months before she totalled it. :laughoff: Oh well.

Do you think the front or the rear makes the most improvement?

On my new dually, the front end rides pretty nice; while it seems the back end just chatters down the freeway(as most 1 tons do). Now I am running semi tires, but they're aired WAY DOWN, like 25 when I'm not towing;but still chatters. Would these shocks help out my issue, or is my issue just due to the 1 ton leafs? :laughing:

the rears would help, but it's not all your shocks. I would say its about 20-30% shocks....the rest, your leaf springs with the HD spring pack. you cannot expect to tow heavy, and get a cush ride all from the same spring pack....there are some mods that can be done to the stock spring pack outlined over at dieselplace.com

some other guys claim that the shulastics make a big difference.....im not gonna dup +- 400 bucks to find out...im happy with what I have

BTW,,,shockwarehouse.come has a discount code for dieselplace.com members...in their thread

right on,

Other than my voice shaking on the phone, the issue ain't too big of a deal for me, a minor compromise, for the ability to tow a freakin house! I'll check out the mods online. I was hoping to bag the whole truck when I lift it; we'll see if the funds will allow that anytime soon :laughing:

Thanks for the input :freakin_nuts:

I went through shockwhorehouse.sukit.....best price, but lagging in customer service. i guess if you want the lowest prices, you pay for it in other ways

the rears would help, but it's not all your shocks. I would say its about 20-30% shocks....the rest, your leaf springs with the HD spring pack. you cannot expect to tow heavy, and get a cush ride all from the same spring pack....there are some mods that can be done to the stock spring pack outlined over at dieselplace.com

some other guys claim that the shulastics make a big difference.....im not gonna dup +- 400 bucks to find out...im happy with what I have

BTW,,,shockwarehouse.come has a discount code for dieselplace.com members...in their thread

Rode in my cousin's truck the Sulastic installed. Definitely helped. Not much was transmitting into the cab on the freeway. Gonna put those bad boys on my d-max.

Added the rears to my dmax and what a differnece, I will doing he fronts here real soon but i like tham allot and paid $154 for the pair shipped from suspensionconnection.com

Like the guy said a night and day difference!

• 3 weeks later...

day um....those things last only like 20k

Well I replaced the fronts when I got the truck at 58k. I figured the bumps on the freeway were just that, since it is a HD it has to ride rough right? My manboobs take a beating! Figured it wouldn't hurt to treat my truck to some nice shocks.

burritos is about the equivalent of those stock POS's GM put on the DMAX's....freekin floatin down the freeway with less than 20k isnt good

Well I have about 66K on mine and they are just fine. :laughoff:

BOOTS WITH DA FURRRRR! :laughoff::driver:

Well I have about 66K on mine and they are just fine. :laughoff:

BOOTS WITH DA FURRRRR! :laughoff::driver:

I didn't even get that out of the monroe's i replaced my shot stockers with....

maybe they put different ones on the 05's than they did the 03's :slap:

Im glad yours havent gone to :poop: yet...