Remembering our heroes on Memorial Day

dunefreak

When I was stationed at Dover AFB some years ago my Dad and I had the opportunity to drive down to Washington DC for Memorial Day. We went to all the great sites in DC but the most memorable site for me still to this day was when we went to the Vietnam Memorial. There was several thousand Vietnam Vets there paying tribute to their friends who payed the ultimate sacrifice and despite there being so many people it was virtually silent. You could of heard a pin drop two blocks away!

I'm not sure why this story has stuck with me for so long but for some reason got into me a little bit and I like to think about it. The one common thing that most people share together regardless of their political beliefs is their love for the military heroes. Happy Memorial Day!

Here's to all the fallen U.S. Soldiers who died in service over the years fighting for our freedom!

:atv::atv::usa: :ahhhhh: :blury::mex:

Absolutely!!!!!!!!!! Without those brave people we wouldn't have what we have or enjoy today!!!!!

Enjoy the day but take a moment to remember our fallen heros!

:usa::usa::usa:

:blink:

If you're ever in DC on Memorial Day be sure to take in Rolling Thunder. While stationed at Quantico, VA we would go to DC for the ceremonies, and to see 200,000 Harleys with Vets of all ages riding to the wall was just utterly amazing. From what I understand the numbers now far exceed 350,000. You can stay in one spot and they just go by for hours, and you'll never see the same one twice.

It's truely spellbinding. :ahhhhh: