Shock tuning & adjustments for rails

FireKracker

TJ from Butches Speed Shop will be coming out to Dumont to tune rails on Sat & possibly Sun (Nov 13th and 14th), so far we have mine and 3 others scheduled for Sat. He seems to think it will go pretty fast and "If he has time" after wards he might be willing to take some "walk-ins" (they would be on a case by case basis due to available parts) basic set up is $250 plus parts, if he has to open up cans for then it is $35 per can. We will be camping in area B-7 on the DDR grid map.

TJ from Butches Speed Shop will be coming out to Dumont to tune rails on Sat & possibly Sun (Nov 13th and 14th), so far we have mine and 3 others scheduled for Sat. He seems to think it will go pretty fast and "If he has time" after wards he might be willing to take some "walk-ins" (they would be on a case by case basis due to available parts) basic set up is $250 plus parts, if he has to open up cans for then it is $35 per can. We will be camping in area B-7 on the DDR grid map.

Trailer tires are changed and so far I am a head of the Sat morning push lol

Capt

Trailer tires are changed and so far I am a head of the Sat morning push lol

Capt

TJ did are group for Halloween, what a difference, it will help if you weigh the corner weights at his shop or let him know if you want to weigh the car at dumont.

TJ did are group for Halloween, what a difference, it will help if you weigh the corner weights at his shop or let him know if you want to weigh the car at dumont.

He is bringing the scales out there to Dumont...Glad it made a difference for you.. I am looking forward to it also

CApt

He is bringing the scales out there to Dumont...Glad it made a difference for you.. I am looking forward to it also

CApt

I have know TJ since high school, he is one of the most stand-up guys out there.

I have know TJ since high school, he is one of the most stand-up guys out there.

I am out... have a dead cyl on the car... cant track the problem. changed plugs, coil and wire and its still there... going to a shop tomorrow.. if we find it early I will head out

Capt

I am out... have a dead cyl on the car... cant track the problem. changed plugs, coil and wire and its still there... going to a shop tomorrow.. if we find it early I will head out

Capt

Finally Jim found the problem... New harness had a connector pin come loose from the wire.... will have it fixed on monday... only took about 5 hrs of lurching to find it... glad we did

Capt

AH ok I was just sending a smack down PM Dave!!!!

glad your car is fixed, and you missed out!!!! my car handles like a DREAM... I have never been one to jump my car, but thought I would put it to the test, yeap handled it like landing on a marshmallow

Awesome job TJ!!!! and a GREAT guy to boot! :drinkbeer:

OH BTW 2,138.. I guessed 2,150 damn close!

Edited by White Rhino

glad your car is fixed, and you missed out!!!! my car handles like a DREAM... I have never been one to jump my car, but thought I would put it to the test, yeap handled it like landing on a marshmallow

By the way Congratulations TJ on just getting married, (about time!)

No problem I replied... glad it is working good now... I am going to go see him this week and maybe do it here in town after she is up and running... car is tore apart in my garage right now ... sucks. Was loaded and ready to go hoping is was going to be a easy fix... but it wasnt easy to find

Capt

David called and left me a message Sat AM that he might not make it. I told Mike & Rees. You never heard, Paul?

Ok 1 question... did he have to readjust after his 1st try? Was it real close?.. I might want him to adjust it here in town and then just drive it for T-Day.. So how did his initial adjustment go?

Capt

my car was actually close after the initial adjustments in camp, I had some major spring binding going on in the fronts, but Bud's car he had some major reworking on his shocks, so I guess it actually depends on what you have and such, I think you had your car tuned once already so he could probably get it close, but ask TJ, he'll give ya the skinny...