something which may affect this year's regatta

dunefreak

Looks like the BLM accepted some fault in the fact that some rules were not followed and enforced at the MDR race which resulted in a horrible crash and many deaths. The only reason I bring this up is because it may affect the possibility of acquiring a permit for future events at Dumont such as you know what. :70: We shall wait and see. If anything, it may have to be much more informal and less official this year. I'll talking with the BLM next week to see if this is still a possibility. I'll keep you guys posted.

http://www.blm.gov/w...11_19_2010.html

hopefully they dont just do a "blanket" ban on giving out permits, and take into consideration the regattas light hearted nature, the fact that its an event involving 10hp vehicles that mainly stay within the camp circle (minus the trip to vendor row), and I think we did pretty good job following the rules last year, with the wrist bands and everything. I realize that accidents can happen with any event and they need to cover their a$$es, but i hope they consider permiting on a case by case basis.

2 weeks ago @ glamis, I heard from a vendor, there was a side by side doing a u- turn at/ in the drags; rail coming, launched off the top of him, and hit a spectator,a lil boy on a quad. I heard that he was more or less cut in half, and died at the hospital.

While we were there, we saw a bike going the wrong way up the drags, right up the middle :think:

He feared that with that desrt race incident, and now this, the drags might get shut down/ banned as well. :thumbsdown:

After reading a few pages it seems they have given permits SRP over the past few months but with oversight. Hopefully they will give this one to us.

Quote below:

Abbott said BLM-California has already taken steps to ensure all approval procedures are carefully followed in issuing permits to assure “seamless implementation” here in California. Since the accident, four special recreation permit applications have been denied and five applications submitted by the promoter of the California 200 are being held in abeyance, pending completion of the CHP's investigation. More than a dozen authorized SRP events have occurred since August 14, all with appropriate BLM law enforcement and management staff oversight.

I know we follow all the rules and there shouldn't be an issue, but they can get really picky if they want to. Even the poker run was technically not 100% in compliance if you really get anal about the rules.

I'll talk to the BLM soon and see if it will be an issue. Larry always works with us and I know how much everyone likes the regatta and follows the rules so we can keep this an annual thing.

Pete,

Our crew is making the trip again no matter what / That was INCREDIBLE last year!!! What a blast. we are bring more people and I hope to be able to get the rail out too for some fun rides!!!

The entire Dumont crew is a CLASS ACT and man you guys know how to have FUN!!!!!

See you soon!!!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!

:poule:

Thanks Andy. It sure was a good time and I know everyone really enjoyed it and looks forward to it every year.

I spoke with Larry at the BLM yesterday and it still sounds promising. There is definitely a new process to the event permits and a few new hoops I have will have to jump through, but Larry assured me he'll walk me through it and help us out in order for it to go on again this year. I stated that if it were a huge pain in the a$$ we wouldn't do it or we'd just have a very informal trip instead. He said he hopes to see it happen again and that he wants us to put it on. That was good to hear.

So with that said...we'll be gettin this show on the road soon!!! Let's rock n roll atc bitchezzz! Lol

Is there a date set yet .

EVENTS FRONT PAGE.

2011Dec 31- Jan 2New Years weekend (Fri-Sun, New Years Eve is Sat night)Jan 14-17MLK weekend (Fri-Mon, MLK Jr Day is Monday 17th)Jan 14-15FSA's "Rumble in the Desert" at Banshee Hill more infoJan 29TH. 3rd Annual ATC 70 regatta presented by DDR (Saturday)Feb 18-21President's weekend (Fri-Mon, Pres Day is Monday 21st)March 12Dumont Dunes cleanup presented by Friends of Dumont Dunes (Saturday 12th)March 17St Patrick's Day (Thurs)April 22-24Easter weekend (Easter is Sunday 24th)

Gordy, and I are heading down regardless.. Just called the rv rental place as well.. We might have a special guest "mike the millionaire" might be heading down with us also.. So add 3 norcal knuckle heads to the mix.. ;)

Sweet! looking forward to rolling on 3 wheels with you guys! Now its a party!

:ban-split:

Yeah we're gonna need an emcee this year. I guess I could do it, but then I can't participate. Hopefully someone will step up and want to volunteer.

Hey Pete this will be perfect for the DDR Classifieds. EMCEE For Hire. No Pay but one Hell of a good time. DDRrocks.gif