TransMaster Trailer Tires

:pissed: So, getting the hauler ready for the upcoming SuperBowl / 70 Regatta and as Im backing into the driveway, the wife yells and points at the left rear tire on the tag axle. SO i get out and wow.....the tread split exposing the steel about 2 inches wide for about 10 inches along the tire. There tires have like less than 5K on them, and the hauler is kept enclosed, so no sun..... So I go and look at the others and damn, the right tag axle tire is worse. The lead axle and center axle tires (same brand) dont show any issues that I can see. So getting on the Greenball Website for Warranty, the tire is only warranted for 2 years - period. NICE, I bought the hauler new (Weekend Warrior 2008) so the tires are like 60 days past 2 years......Customer service is open on Monday, for Greenball, so I'll be calling but its likely that they'll tell me to get bent. So now I need at least 2 ST235/80 R16 Load E Index 124 before this coming Thursday, as were planning to head our late Thursday evening to the "D". If anyone know of a good replacement tire, let me know. The big o here in Boulder City said $113 each for Omni Commadors, never heard of them.....

SP2 Mike

:beerpint:

First off replace them all, if 2 are an issue the rest will join them at the most unfortunate place and time. I went to Goodyear Marathon's and am happy with them on my flatbed which weighs 3500# empty. I have Firestone's on my enclosed trailer and they were also on my stacker and have had no issues with that brand also. But I did learn a long time ago that when tire on a trailer comes apart, replace them all!

A lot of people already know this but I'm going to post this anyway.

1. Keep tires inflated to the max load limit pressure listed on tire. Check it every trip!

2.When trailer stored for longer than a few weeks, jack up the trailer to get the weight off the tires and let the air pressure down by 40 or 50 pounds.

3. Keep the tires covered so the sun can't get to them!

4. Replace tires every 4 years or as soon as they start showing weather cracks!

It's extra work but it sure beats a flat on the trailer that ruins a trip!!!