Memorial Day weekend 2011

mouthrulez

Memorial weekend is not a popular weekend at Dumont. The "dune season" at Dumont is pretty much over by most until October. That weekend is usually very hot...like about 100 degrees. Some people still go, but duners usually head to cooler areas like up north; Coral Pink, Little Sahara, etc. I wouldn't expect many people at all for Memorial weekend out at D.

If you go, bring plenty of water when out in the dunes. thumb.gif

If you enjoy riding at night that would be the ticket. During the hot days with bright sunlight the sand will be hard to read. I have friends that go out during the summer and sleep all day in their air conditioned rigs and dune at night.

LIke dunefreak says take a lot of water, and stay hydrated.

:old:

• 3 weeks later...

me and a buddy went out Monday morning. arrived around 8am weather was absolutely PERFECT!!!!!! 71 degrees and a very light breeze (5 mph) if that. got in 2 really good rides before we left at noon. the wind must have really been blowing out there over the weekend because the sand was like glass and the razors were gnarly. neither of us got hurt (minus being sore the next day) and toys all came home in working order. I couldnt have asked for a better 1/2 day trip.