Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

I'm using a "mi-fi" from Verizon for internet while we are living up here in Idaho. But I'm thinking about getting rid of it (to save some money) and getting an Iphone and just using that. Does anyone do that? The Verizon website says you can use it to do that, but they say it costs extra...anyone know how much that runs? I have the unlimited data package.

Posted

The iPhones are expensive enough. I think Sprint was charging $30 a month or something to do the hotspot thing. Android phones can do the hotspot as well. I would check the speed as well. Will they do the hotspot in 4g? 3G hotspot would be ssssllow.

Posted

you can do it for free if you get an iphone and jail break it and put MYWI on it.... do a GOOGLE search and it works great!... urgh... ah... so I heard anyway :) lol

Posted

Thanks for the info. I'm a little leary of getting a new phone and then jacking with it. Is it covered under warranty if you've done the "jailbreak" thing and then something happens to the phone? I can't help it, I'm a worry wart lol

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

I have been using easy tether that I got from the Amazon app store. It was 5 bucks. Doesn't help for wifi though.

Posted (edited)

I have the Android and use both, PDA.net as well as the root method. You can download an app called ZROOT and the phone basically acts like a wi-fi. It's a wireless tether. Easiest? PDA.net. Just download the free app and connect your charger/USB cord from your phone to your laptop. Downside? you can not use PDA.net to access secured sites unless you pay their fee. Good luck!

Edited by teamrags
Posted (edited)

I'm using a "mi-fi" from Verizon for internet while we are living up here in Idaho. But I'm thinking about getting rid of it (to save some money) and getting an Iphone and just using that. Does anyone do that? The Verizon website says you can use it to do that, but they say it costs extra...anyone know how much that runs? I have the unlimited data package.

I had recently purchased my 1st smart phone, did alot of research prior to purchase. android to apple, and ended up going droid...read ALOT OF PEEPS who found it difficult to transistion from one to another...droid to apple or vise versa!

Edited by SAND~~SNAKE

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • VIP RV

×
×
  • Create New...