GASOLINE IN CARPET

SAND~~SNAKE

Had a SMALL problem coming home. Fuel filler hose or neck cracked and leaked fuel into the trailer SOAKING the rolled up carpet! Does anyone no of a method of removing fuel from carpet? Got it in the driveway saturated w/ water and dish soap, scrubbing and rinsing and so on and so on.....Any HELP would be appreciated!

wring it into a bottle and pour it into your car so maybe it will run :idiot::slap:

Maybe you could come and ROLL YOUR 360lb BODY over the carpet and squeeze it out! :flipoff: I NEED immediate help not a smart a$$! trying to save carpet!

Edited by SAND~~SNAKE

I would agree with the Capt. on this one but I found this on Google;

Gasoline leaked from a container in the back seat of my SUV the other day while I was driving home from a gas station. The odour was horrendous by the time I got home as it had soaked a two foot square section of the carpet. I purchased some Prosolve Carpet Cleaner and sprayed it on yesterday morning and it worked wonders. Today there was only a minor smell and I sprayed it again. It is drying now, but I suspect the smell will be entirely gone by tomorrow.

I sprayed the section of the carpet liberally with Prosolve and rubbed it around. I then let it sit 15 minutes. I then used toweling paper (2 rolls) to blot it up until the area was dry. I left the car doors and windows open for a few hours to let the air at it and then closed them overnight.

As I said, when I opened the car this morning, the smell was almost completely gone. And there was no discolouration of the grey carpet at all. I went through the process today, but did not need to use as much Prosolve.

I was amazed at how simple this process was. Having read earlier posts I was concerned I might not ever get rid of the smell. Fingers crossed.