Go Pro tips and usage

19th_AT

Well I got a HD Go Pro 2 for xmas. Anytips on getting this thing to record in 1080p? It records 960 just fine but 1080 seems to be choppy. At first I was using a 16gb PNY class 4 and I just got in a 16gb PNY class 10. Seems to be doing the same thing. Also when you convert the vids to .avi for me a 20 min video comes out to something like 10gb of space?? So if anyone has any tips or suggestions, lets here them!

you tube: raptorsrock19

it will always record in 1080p, try running a 32g card mine seems to work well with that. Also make sure your computer can handle 1080p alot of times the computers will only show it in in 720 or 960. if you have a PS3 put the card in there and try watching the video from that.

Yeah, My vids are stuttering too. I think it might've been my old pc not performing to well during the edit process. My wife just bought me a new dell. My videos still stutter watching them, so I plan on editing some vids on the new pc and see what I get. Planning on recording the regatta, and seeing if the new pc makes a difference.

are you watching them with Windows media player? try using quicktime. When i recorded in 720 - 60fps my laptop and using WMP would stutter. The Class 4 is probly not fast enough for the 1080p.

I haven't tried using my PS3 directly to play.

I always load the files as is and edit them in Sony Vegas Pro 9. I render them as a WMV file. This gets me 720 and will do 1080. (i have the previous version Gopro) output and plays easily on the PS3 and computers. They load up to youtube easily as well. I wouldn't use an .AVI file. that is an uncompressed file (like wav for music). so you are taking a compressed file and forcing it larger which just makes for the HUGE file you are seeing and not helping the quality, IMO. better get a couple big external hard drives if you are going to go .AVI files.