Sick Sand Travel's offroad car

dunefreak

figured it would have had the same setup as his sand cars...

It looked like the same setup as his sand cars to me. :laughing:

i intend on having a busa rail in the near future, but i'm stuck between a short sand car or a drakart. i want something i can take to the desert too so it'll probably be a drakart.

They are both very nice cars. They would both do great in the desert. It just depends on how much you want to beat it up. They are both very good cars, although I'd have to say the SSC would do better in the desert. I say this not because I own one, but they seem like they are a bit bigger than a Drakart. Unless the car is beefed up like Josey's in the pics, be very carefull. The mini-rails are very light-weight and are pretty much just for the sand. You could wade one up real quick in the desert if you started havin a lil fun if ya know what I mean. :rockwoot::rockon::thumb: :shocked2: :thumb:

yeah i'm with ya. you have a short sand car? i like 'em more than the sick sand travel cars but that's personal preference, just like the ford and chevy argument.

Yeah, it's the red car on the current header pic of the forum. There's a few more pics in the gallery here.

Some things I like more about my ShortSandCar, but some things I'd do different too. SickSandTravel beefs up parts of the frame and suspension in some areas a little more than SSC.

There's always pros and cons to some things though. :rockon:

Yeah, it's the red car on the current header pic of the forum. There's a few more pics in the gallery here.

Some things I like more about my ShortSandCar, but some things I'd do different too. SickSandTravel beefs up parts of the frame and suspension in some areas a little more than SSC.

There's always pros and cons to some things though. :rockon:

I like the fact that SickSandTravel is here in town also. :thumb:

How about SSC? How close are they? Any dealers in town?

How about SSC? How close are they? Any dealers in town?

Nope, they are wayyy up in South Jordon, UT! :thumb::rockwoot::rockon:

No SSC dealers here either. :(

Josey at SST is a great guy. He put together my car from a SSC rolling chassis. He still makes time for peeps like me to do custom fab work and repairs. I'd buy one of his cars just because that! :shocked2:

Larry and Nannette (SSC) have been great to me, but they are pretty far so it makes things hard. :thumb:

Just remember you can take a desert car in the sand but you can't take a sand car in the desert. Sand cars in general are not built for abuse in the desert. If you compare the 2 side by side you can see what I mean.

exactly :thumb:

You can take a sandcar to the desert if you are extremely careful and easy on it, but anyone who has ever sat beind the wheel of a sandcar and slammed gears through the dunes knows that is IN-FRIGGIN-POSSIBLE...no way. :no_no: :driver::driver: :freakin_nuts: :freakin_nuts: :driver::thumb: :freakin_nuts: :driver: