SAND~~SNAKE Posted February 26, 2012 Posted February 26, 2012 Went shooting today to find 2 of the weapons that never come out of the holster or even the hauler, both had problems today w/ sticking slides. Take apart , Clean and guess what was found? Never even thought about it being a concern all good now!!! :shoot: Quote
sanddunesaddict Posted February 26, 2012 Posted February 26, 2012 how funny....I went shooting this morning as well and the 22 rifle jammed up as well....couldnt get it going though so I ended up putting more rounds through the pistol. Quote
19th_AT Posted February 26, 2012 Posted February 26, 2012 I try to leave mine in the plastic case when out, unless its needed. So far I have yet to get sand inside my slide. Also its seen its fare share of sand in unfriendly places, haven't had it jam yet. Quote
CaptNkllm Posted February 26, 2012 Posted February 26, 2012 if you let them sit for long periods of time the oil gets gummy..better found now than in the event when you really needed it... should have called me Jim.. I would have went with you... Capt Quote
SAND~~SNAKE Posted February 26, 2012 Author Posted February 26, 2012 Will let you know neck time Quote
DUNESHAUNT Posted February 27, 2012 Posted February 27, 2012 (edited) Thanks for bringing this back to the forfront of my mind. I shall checkl on the 9 mm and the 45. Better to findout not then when they are needed!! Edited February 27, 2012 by mxraddad Quote
SAND~~SNAKE Posted February 27, 2012 Author Posted February 27, 2012 how funny....I went shooting this morning as well and the 22 rifle jammed up as well....couldnt get it going though so I ended up putting more rounds through the pistol. Well its good to know if I come and STEAL your stuff in the middle of the night , All I have to worry about is a B.B. GUN! Quote
sanddunesaddict Posted February 27, 2012 Posted February 27, 2012 (edited) not to worry Jim....the big boy rifle is always ready to go....Ill pick you off 300 yards before you get here.or maybe even the 12 guage when you get here....I went plinking Edited February 27, 2012 by sanddunesaddict Quote
barefoot bob Posted March 3, 2012 Posted March 3, 2012 wheel guns dont do that ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Quote
jeeperbill Posted March 26, 2012 Posted March 26, 2012 I use pelican boxes when in the dunes. I spent way to much time in the big sand box to be cleaning any more sand out of weapons. Two latches and water tight and air tight but always ready if needed. Quote
Chadwick Posted March 26, 2012 Posted March 26, 2012 wheel guns dont do that ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Not true. My friend had a 357 this weekend that was failure to fire for many rounds. I use stuff called grease called frog lube. Oil eventually runs out if the gun. A little grease goes a long way. Clean it, grease it and you don't have to worry about it anymore. Use TLC Break free to break all the carbon down and then apply grease. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.