oregon dune fest 2012 and other summer trips

vegas style

seeing if there is any interest in going to Dune Fest. i would love to do a trip out of the heat and off to the oregon coast in middle of the summer. if there is a lot of interest in a trip we wouldn't have to go for for dune fest. we could just plan a trip. but if it is just me or a couple others i thought dune fest would be entertaining. it is august 1-5 and I'm guessing camping will have to be booked soon. http://www.dunefest.com/index.php

I'm into hearing other camping or RZR riding ideas for the summer also. one i want to look further into is mammoth lakes area riding. and i have never been in the duck creek Utah area not sure how the trails are with a 60" RZRS. have truck trailer rzr and gas $$$ lets go.......

Steve if your interested in the Duck Creek deal I suggest going an hour further to Richfield/Koosharem area. Amazing area without the crowds of duck creek. My brother lives there and I try to make one trip every summer. Best trail riding I've seen so far. I've been to duck creek and it's fun, pretty but congested.

looks like fun terry but the rides are limited and some are full already. couple of the 100+ mile rides look cool

Where does it showw the rides are full? Call Tim at the http://www.meadowcliff.com/. He's the leader of the whole thing. They have RV sites and a motel onsite. I can't tell you how much fun we had on this trip last year. We also did a side trip to Bodie state park while we were there. great place like steeping back 100 years in time. I have a 2 OR 3 NIGHT FREE CAMP SITE THAT i WON IN a donation and would be glad to give it to anybody who would use it as i can't go this year. These guys feed you breakfest every morning, the local girl scouts will make you a bag lunch for $5.00 and they have a nice dinner on Sat with raffle prizes etc. The resturants are good and prices are fair. Bridgeport is about 4 1/2 hrs fro Vegas. US 93 to Hawthorne and then left to Mono lake and over the pass to bridgeport.

florence would be awesome :D I got to stick my toes in the sand there it was freakin cool. If im not working and have scrounged up some coin by then i would be down if i could squeeze the quad in the hauler.

Florence is a blast, we go there every year late July early August. The dunes are much smaller than Dumont, but there are many types of terrain. You can do the beach, some decent hills, trails through the trees, find some cool ponds, jumps etc. Always great weather when it is hot at home. Happy to answer any questions you may have.