Installed new batteries & got new problems!

Please forgive me if this post gets a little to long. Gonna try & give some key info to try & get some help. Long story short...I was on vacation in another state, and had a no-start issue. Was able to get a jump start from a friend. Went to the local Autozone & had them check the batteries. They determined that (1) battery was bad. Well, thinking the other was soon to follow, I replaced both. Then the new problems start. Got back to my original destination, and upon shutting off the truck and opening the door, the radio continued to stay on. Investigated a bit further, and most of my steering wheel controls are jumbled. Also noticed I lost my door chimes, and can hear engine idle through the speakers. I know the radio stays on for a handful of minutes after you turn off the vehicle, but with the key off & doors open? I can turn on/off the radio without a key in the ignition. Wasn't like this before. Now for some vehicle info:

'06 Chevy Silverado LBZ DMAX

Aftermarket Alpine stereo

GM Onstar GMOS module

PAC SWI-Jack

I've narrowed it down to the problem possibly being the GMOS module, and I say that because the problems all involve the stereo. I'm hoping someone may have had a similar problem, and can offer some help, thanks!

disconnect both batterys, both positive and neg cables from both batterys. Hold(touch) the positive and negitive cables together on the primary battery side for 10 seconds and then reconnect. problems should be gone.

disconnect both batterys, both positive and neg cables from both batterys. Hold(touch) the positive and negitive cables together on the primary battery side for 10 seconds and then reconnect. problems should be gone.

I've tried this already, and nothing. I held both sets of cables together for 5 min, and that didn't work. I'm at a loss. The stereo works fine, I just have to remember to turn it off otherwise I'll be buying new batteries again. The steering wheel controls on the other hand, is another story.

I have an 06 and SOMETIMES the radio stays on after I pull the key and open the door. RAP (retained accessory power) the switch is built into the door locks. Mine is full of sand. My last truck had the same problem w/ the latch. I made the mistake of trying to clean and relube the latch...BIG mistake. Use compressed air in the latch if that is your problem. If you think the onstar module is your problem disconnect it?

Jumbled steering controls???

Edited by SAND~~SNAKE

I have an 06 and SOMETIMES the radio stays on after I pull the key and open the door. RAP (retained accessory power) the switch is built into the door locks. Mine is full of sand. My last truck had the same problem w/ the latch. I made the mistake of trying to clean and relube the latch...BIG mistake. Use compressed air in the latch if that is your problem. If you think the onstar module is your problem disconnect it?

Jumbled steering controls???

I'll try disconnecting the Onstar module thingy. I've also removed the radio fuse in the under-hood fuse compartment for a full day, and that didn't work. I suppose I can re-program the steering wheel controls, if I could remember what I did with the instructions, lol. I just need to find the time. Thanks for the input.