Duning With A Kawasaki Ninja

ngoodey

Hey everyone. Please don't laugh at my dumb question. I have joked about taking my 650 ninja to the dunes if I could find a paddle tire for it. Recently I have actually became interested in really doing this. My question is would it be to heavy for the sand? I'm not worried about the power or being able to control it as long as I was able to get it on top of the sand. Any thoughts or ideas?

kudos for wanting to try something different; but I'm guessing the bike is a lil' too heavy..., a lil' to low..., and prolly geared a lil' too high.

As long as you have a few buddies willing to drag you out, heck, I'd give it a try :P

I like your style. ;)

You might be able to get up on top of the sand. It would be a b*tch though because of the weight. You never know until you try though. Enough horsepower & wheel spin with a paddle and anything is possible regardless of it's weight...sometimes. lol Whatever you do, you HAVE to get video of your first try.

Will a paddle even fit/ clear on that bike?

• Like 1

Oh yes my wife will be there taping it. As long as the paddle isnt alot wider than the street tire on it it should clear. Well I guess I will be on the lookout for a paddle. Keep your eyes peeled out at dumont. You may see a bright orange ninja riding a wheelie up comp with no driver!

There were 2 guys about 15-18 years ago that brought out a couple of bikes with paddles.....back then no one could touch them up comp(the old comp on the left)

One guy dumped it over at the top and couldnt pick it up...they were definately moving though.

Edited by sanddunesaddict