December 1st Weekend Trip

Ok, now you're just teasing me. You guys better get your a$$es out there this weekend for our group ride. You said it, and now it's a binding contract. I think TheGreenMachine and I will be camping somewhere near bathroom 9. Not sure yet.

Your welcome to join our camp if you like, since your going to be near us anyway.

Terry

Probably be 3-4 different rigs from M/H's to truck camper and trailer. None of us have kids but we don't care if you have them. We are not big partyier's as we are usually face down in the pillow by 10-11. Very relaxed camp with good people.

I like to camp by #9, been in that spot for a very long time. Little quieter and less dust but it does have some rocks out there. However I rode the same set of comp cut tires on my banshee for 8 years and never had a flat or bent a rim, now my grandson(s) that's a different story but until they came back to camp with a bent rim they just didn't understand that the objective is to drive slow on the flats and miss the big rocks. Since i have owned the sand car i have never had an issue either. Anyway I am pretty easy to find if you look at where #9 is and a bit to the northwest you will see my white Alfa class A motorhome and a white 30' trailer. I have an org/blk rzr's and my car looks like this; :ynot: come by and we will go for a few rides.

Terry

Appreciate the invite but I will have hell to pay if I camp in a spot with rocks....I have 3 yr old twins and they need sand to play in.

We will def come by and meet up for a ride!

A buddy of mine said that we should camp more towards the edge of the dunes to get less rocks. I think he was saying section A-1...

Thoughts?

Appreciate the invite but I will have hell to pay if I camp in a spot with rocks....I have 3 yr old twins and they need sand to play in.

We will def come by and meet up for a ride!

A buddy of mine said that we should camp more towards the edge of the dunes to get less rocks. I think he was saying section A-1...

Thoughts?

That's a long drive through the ridges and valleys to get over there. Fair chance of getting stuck . I would say near the end(s) of the fingers. However there is sand where we camp but just not piles of it like nearer the dunes.

A-1 is way too much traffic....High B-11 or AB-14 would be an awesome spot or anywhere along those dunes by B-11...

just remember the closer you get to a actual dune the softer its going to be

Soft sand doesn't worry me, I pulled my 37' 5th wheel back into the dunes in Glamis...what really scares me is my wifes wrath if I don't deliver sand for the kids :)

A-1 is way too much traffic....High B-11 or AB-14 would be an awesome spot or anywhere along those dunes by B-11...

just remember the closer you get to a actual dune the softer its going to be

we found this out the hard way. there was an old campfire up near a dune one night we came in real late so we pulled up beside that thinking people must have had to have camped there recently and ended up halfway over the rear axle on our modified toyhauler box truck. We have low skirts on it so that were dug right in too. Ended up digging out until 6am....it was a long miserable day. That was just off to the left of 6 all the way up near the dune. Pretty sure we'll hang around our normal spot near 6 for now on haha.

i would just go by a finger and call that good for sand for the kids. going over in the 13, 14 area is pretty scetchy for soft sand. even if you don't mind, why risk it. The fingers are the best sand, but depends on traffic to. I love to ride along the finger and stay off the flats.

Looks like i am going to just call it a full weekend and go Thursday - sunday. I doubt my shocks will be in no matter what by then so no point in waiting for them. :(

The wife seems to like me out of the house, and was asking my why i wouldn't just go all weekend. When i said for work, she still said just go. Not sure if that is good, or bad. :think:

i would just go by a finger and call that good for sand for the kids. going over in the 13, 14 area is pretty scetchy for soft sand. even if you don't mind, why risk it.

Good point, the last thing I want to do is dig out...I wonder how crowded it will be if at all Thurs morning. May just drive around and see what looks decent

Good point, the last thing I want to do is dig out...I wonder how crowded it will be if at all Thurs morning. May just drive around and see what looks decent

It will be empty. It's not like Glamis. It is very big and open in the camp area and it's never difficult to find a good spot.

Soft sand doesn't worry me, I pulled my 37' 5th wheel back into the dunes in Glamis...what really scares me is my wifes wrath if I don't deliver sand for the kids :)

It scares me. I have half bald pure street tires on my truck. Airing down might only make me stuck with flat tires. I might be getting used all terrains before we go, but not 100% sure.

Sorry but I won't be able to make it out this weekend, guys. I'm postponing until the following weekend. (Dec 8-9) I have too much to do in order to get ready. I wish I could have gone out to meet you and shown you guys around Dumont. Hopefully we can meet up another time this season.