Sub-Group Meeting

ynot

i wanted to go, but missed the bus... I was riding Monday at Amargosa, and didn't get to respond to Terry in time. sorry about that. i really did want to go.

I do have other excuses to if you would like to hear them. ;)

No need to hear any more excuses Adam, don't want you to waste any more than you have to.

Terry, are you going to comment??? Oh, and by the way, I thought you were going to call me today!

Bob, i thought about calling you but the wife had other plans for my day. I spent the day on the wrong end of a paint roller and paint brush. I will try to call you tomorrow and find a few minutes to run down the meeting on DDR.

Terry

Ok, I have a couple of minutes and will cover the meeting last Tuesday;

Sandawg, Rocket and Booster along with Turbo Bruce were kind enough to attend the meeting along with most of the sub group members. The District manager was supposed to attend but got called away for a Congressional tour so Steve from the District was there in her stead.

We covered the items that seemed to be on the user's minds. #1 why haven't we been able to change the fee system to the $30.00 per week pass and the $120.00 all access with the extra Non OHV vehicle detachable card. Well there was a lot of excuses but the main reason was that the DAC(Desert Advisory Committee) didn't feel that we had covered all the needed documentation and user input to be put on the RRAC agenda( RRAC is the determining committee on fee changes). The actual reason is that the ISDRA (Glamis) was also looking for a fee change, an increase and the DAC wanted to get that done before considering our request. I know it makes no sense but then again we are dealing with a Federal bureau. We are now pushing the DAC very hard to get ours done since the Glamis one is a hairball and is going to take awhile. At our next meeting in June it will be right after the DAC meeting and we should have some better info on the standing of our request.

#2 The LEO situation; I forgot to mention that we were all able to meet the new field manager Katrina who is definetly more than willing to listen to our concerns about fee purchases not being enforced and the heavy attitude that has been felt by the users. She is going to have a meeting with the head LEO Chief in charge with Dumont and see if this can be looked into. Rocket had some ideas I know he wanted to discuss but unfortunatly he was not allowed enough time to do so and in all truth his ideas would be better suited to a sit down with the LEO enities that patrol out there then to discuss them in front of the whole sub-group. Katrina is definitly a fair person but is also a rules and procedures oriented manager. Nothing wrong with that it just means we need to adjust the communications we use with BLM.

#3 Talked about the 11th annual clean up and they are behind us 100% and will be there to provide lunch and hopefully you will all be able to meet Katrina if you come to the clean up.

This was a general introduction to the new members of the Barstow BLM office and the things that we as users are concerned with. I thought it went well but would have liked to spend some more time on LEO stuff but again feel that maybe a meeting with the Chief and the Officer in charge of San Bernadino S/O's. We will have to work on that.

Lastly we talked about the road and it's "off weekend condition" we asked that it be graded more often and the crushed blacktop be graded back onto the road from the sides where it's been pushed off over the years. Problem along with others is that the Barstow office has no equiptment operator and they are not sure if and /or when they might get one. The staff at the office has several holes in it that have not been filled from transfers and retirements, this is an issue that definetly effects us as users. The person who took over the passes and the accounting for same is probably not real happy about taking on that duty and it was obivious that he would like to have someone else handle it, but as I said they are trying to fill holes in staffing and it is definetly an issue.

That is a short summation of the high points and I want to than Sandawg for the company on the ride down and back, it makes the trip go much faster with company, espically if your having to lift your feet all the time to miss the waves of BS he comes up with!

Terry

• Like 2

Thanks Terry, sorry I wasn't able to make it.

I am hoping they can get to the road for sure. I can't imagine how the people with haulers and MOHOs feel.

I need to talk to you about the clean-up weekend. Pretty sure i'm going to be there. so a phone call is in order this week i think.