Duramax CAT fuel filter better filtration for your truck!

nwtdiesel

We just got another batch in of our 01-2010 Duramax CAT filter adapters. We sell these all over the country to other diesel shops and customers. We designed this about 2 years ago and what it is is a adapter that screws on to your stock Duramax filter housing and allows for a 2 micron CAT filter to be screwed on to the adapter. This gives you better filtration for longer injector life and the filter is also a fraction of what the OEM filter costs. We run these on fleet trucks, stock duramax trucks, hi performance trucks and trucks with and with out lift pumps. The reason i designed this was because of all the issues the duramax owners were having with short injector life due to crappy fuel. People love them! We have heard reports of small mileage gains, longer filter intervals, smoother idle and of course huge savings not only with a cheaper priced filter but the injectors are lasting much longer. We have around 100 in stock at the moment but they will sell out in a few weeks. If you want one installed we do it for $125 out the door. If you want just the adapter they are $59 and the filters are $20. For you Cummins and Ford guys we do sell and install the Airdogs and FASS fuel systems which also filters your fuel better then OEM. Dont forget to come to us for all your fluids and service needs! We carry Amsoil, Schaeffers, Rotella, Delo, Wix products. Thanks! 702-737-7333 www.undergrounddiesels.com

A1Adapters_zps7f4a2bbf.jpg

Catadapter_zps934a7560.jpg

Adapters_zpsfac2330a.jpg

IMG-20111031-01636.jpg

LasVegas-20110816-00837.jpg

Edited by nwtdiesel

?

We use the cat 0749 on all of our big cats; any chance those would spin on your adapter, or is the 0750 filter threaded differently. I'm thinking this would be a smart move for me, especially if I could only have to stock 1 filter size on my shelves.

The 0749 is the same thread as the 0750 and yes the 0749 will fit. Its just a longer filter. I have customers who run them.

Shipping is $59 to the lower 48 for the adapter.

Edited by nwtdiesel

• 1 month later...

Thanks, I put it in yesterday. Real easy install. I noticed the idle fluctuated after the change over. Drove it to work today and it went away. I will post more in a day or two on how it goes.

One thing I noticed but it didn't effect anything- When installing the new fuel filter it was hitting the side of the motor just a bit. It didn't hinder anything but the filter didn't just screw on easily, I had to help it out. Other than that I was happy with the whole thing. Too pretty of a piece to hide on the side of the block like that.

Edited by bp-guy
  • Like 1

just got back from a duramax spa trip to underground diesel . oil change, fuel filter cat adapter, and flash tune for towing and milage.. i also just put new bilstien shocks all around. truck seems very happy !

thanks for getting my in before i leave on a road trip mike

• Like 1

Thanks, I put it in yesterday. Real easy install. I noticed the idle fluctuated after the change over. Drove it to work today and it went away. I will post more in a day or two on how it goes.

One thing I noticed but it didn't effect anything- When installing the new fuel filter it was hitting the side of the motor just a bit. It didn't hinder anything but the filter didn't just screw on easily, I had to help it out. Other than that I was happy with the whole thing. Too pretty of a piece to hide on the side of the block like that.

The fluctuation you felt is from the air in the system after a fuel filter change, that will happen with any fuel filter. Will happen usually on first or second start up if you dont let it idle for long.

If you had a issue i apologize but from all the filters we test daily and install, we have never had/heard of a CAT filter touching the side of the motor, we have sold thousands all over the country and this is the first i have heard of this, we test fit each one before they leave UDP. Tons of hours of R&D went into the adapter and i made sure there would not be a fitment issue. The filters do screw on easily so not sure why you had a issue, we also screw the CAT filter on the adapter before we ship them. I assemble each insert by hand, inspect the threads, screw the filters on and screw the adapters on a test filter head. Everyone installs them different, some guys like to screw the filter on before the adapter goes on but once the adapter is on it shouldnt ever come back off just take the filter off. Its easiest to take the extra time to take the plastic wheel liner out when installing te filter. Thanks for purchasing and your injectors will be happy. Let me know if you need anything.

just got back from a duramax spa trip to underground diesel . oil change, fuel filter cat adapter, and flash tune for towing and milage.. i also just put new bilstien shocks all around. truck seems very happy !

thanks for getting my in before i leave on a road trip mike

Thanks for coming in and hope your happy!

Edited by nwtdiesel

These must be getting popular around town, Cashman CAT called today and asked we bring in some cards, they said they are getting asked atleast once a week about these adapters and they are sending people our way. AWESOME!

• Like 2

No big deal on the filter issue. It went on and works like you said. I don't know if it is just me but the motor seems to run smoother on the freeway.

Im glad your happy! I want to make sure there are zero issues is all, thats why we test them all here before they go. We have had reports of smoother engines and mileage gains too. Keep a spare filter with you at all times, these filters catch all the debris and if you get a bad batch of fuel somewhere it will clog it up but you will still be able to limp it home or to a autozone. It happened to me once when i filled up with crappy fuel.

^10-4 on that. These cat filters are the best; but because they filter down to 1 or 2 microns, they can plug, but that's a good thing...don't want sludge going any further than the filter. I always carry extras, and a filter wrench. I've used them too!