Duramax CAT fuel filter better filtration for your truck!

nwtdiesel

I have a question- What would cause the fuel system to lose pressure after sitting a few hours. Truck would start then immediately turn off. I have to prime the system by pumping the primer then it runs fine. This just started and it never did this till I installed the new adapter.

I am not here to bag on the product at all. It might be something totally unrelated. I don't see fuel leaking but I know the Duramax has had a few problems with that primer system and hairline cracks. Just looking for help.

I have a question- What would cause the fuel system to lose pressure after sitting a few hours. Truck would start then immediately turn off. I have to prime the system by pumping the primer then it runs fine. This just started and it never did this till I installed the new adapter.

I am not here to bag on the product at all. It might be something totally unrelated. I don't see fuel leaking but I know the Duramax has had a few problems with that primer system and hairline cracks. Just looking for help.

Since the filter adapter is billet and the housing is cast sometimes there is a difference in the sealing surface.

A new filter housing will fix the issue and Underground will probably confirm this.

Its the same as the Nictane adapter which has the same concern on some trucks.

Thats what I was thinking too (not properly seated). I will pull it off and re-install it. It was just baffeled on how air can get in but fuel doesn't leak out under pressure. It is on 04 LB7

It could also possibly be the rubber O-ring On the filter Pop out of the groove... Maybe the primer I don't know...

I believe the filter is before the pump on the suction side, So that would allow a tiny bit of air in without fuel blowing out, Due to the suction... Prime problems are a pain in the butt. I'm currently dealing with one on my Bigcat.

I was just baffeled on how air can get in but fuel doesn't leak out under pressure. It is on 04 LB7

It's because there is no pressure. It's a vacuum. The fuel system when running is normally pulling 3-5" of vacuum. There is no lift pump on these trucks.

It's because there is no pressure. It's a vacuum. The fuel system when running is normally pulling 3-5" of vacuum. There is no lift pump on these trucks.

Ok, now I understand. I will pull it off and redo it.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, kinda figure I don't want to do business with someone that doesn't answer the phone. If I have to drive down there just to see if they have them in stock, I might as well order them online.

Edited by JoeDuner

Nobody has called 20 times, we try to answer all the calls but it's impossible so when calls are missed we try to call back. If your local its best to stop in or email us sales@undergrounddiesels.com if we're going to get bashed for being a busy shop that's really lame. Joe we are out of stock anyway and can't help you so go ahead and order elsewhere. Plenty of people have copied our design so I'm sure you can find one. Thanks

• 5 weeks later...

I have a few for the local guys, waiting on 200 adapters to come in. Trying to keep the adapters machined locally is out of the question so right now I am using a guy in Utah but now its looking like I might have to find another machine shop. Problem is I need someone with a machine hardly anyone has, the people who have them are backed up and I can not get the adapters in a timely fashion.

If you can not get through email us sales@undergrounddiesels.com it goes right to mine and Mikes cell phones and we will respond very quick. If its between noon and 1 we don't answer since we are on lunch.

Edited by nwtdiesel

I have a few for the local guys, waiting on 200 adapters to come in. Trying to keep the adapters machined locally is out of the question so right now I am using a guy in Utah but now its looking like I might have to find another machine shop. Problem is I need someone with a machine hardly anyone has, the people who have them are backed up and I can not get the adapters in a timely fashion.

If you can not get through email us sales@undergrounddiesels.com it goes right to mine and Mikes cell phones and we will respond very quick. If its between noon and 1 we don't answer since we are on lunch.

I sent you an Email. I need 2 if you got them.