Subaru Tuner in Vegas?

ffbedard

I've got a four seater rail with a 2.5l subaru motor and an aftermarket MichroTech ECU. I can't seem to find anybody out here in vegas that will tune this thing. All my internet, white pages, speed shop searching has led me nowhere. I'm trying to avoid going all the way to southern california for a couple hours of tuning. It's getting a little frustruating being told no... any suggestions you have would be greatly appretiated!!

tuning any kind of sand toy seems to be lacking severely in Vegas.....sucks. Maybe when you say Subaru they think it's AWD? Here is a link from last year about Dynojet...not sure if this is the same place or not. This guy got a mustang tuned there by dudes named Dan and Carl

http://forums.corral.net/forums/gt-sohc/1370308-dyno-tuners-las-vegas.html

Edited by flavtfan

That's what I'm finding..... so. cal. is the only place close to go to get your car tuned. Any of you have experience with Kurt at millerspec?? He's the only one i've found willing to do my rail. apparently he has the same ECU in his race car.

i'm in the same situation with my Quad...I really need to get a real tune on it...just been doing it by ear so far...one place I took it was way too expensive...I may use Quadmania now but they don't use dyno tires...may have to purchase some myself for cheap. I'm in the process of buying a home otherwise I would just go to cali.....all that said, I did find this little nugget from Dan at Dynojet in las vegas, yes they seem to be closed to the public but.....

(Doesn't say anything about Subaru tuning though so you would have to contact them but read below)

Quote from Dan @ Dynojet:

Joe, let me give you a quick run down......... I'm the VP of Sales at Dynojet Research, Inc. We manufacture chassis dynos and performance enhancing products for both the automotive and powersports markets. Shops such as Steeda, Lingenfelter, or you name it, use our dynos for product development or tuning. Our performance enhancing products are primarily focused on powersports applications (motorcycles / ATV's). Most guys expect to be able to come to Dynojet to get their bike or car tuned, but we're strictly an R&D facility that is closed to the public. Since we do make tuning products for motorcycles / ATV's, we do perform a fair amount of testing here. We do have four of our popular chassis dynos in-house (those that you'd find at a modern EFI speed shop), and one of them is our AWD automotive model. So, officially we're not open to the public M-F, but.........

We use our Model 424xLC to tune / calibrate Fords, Lincolns , and Mercury vehicles. DDT has a tremendous amount of experience in chassis dyno testing and we do offer tuning services. A lot of the technology we offer hasn't even hit the market, so in some cases that affords me the ability to offer services that are not available anywhere else. When I operate in this capacity, "Dyno Dan, LLC", another gentleman by the name of Carl Chastain actually performs the testing and tuning these days. I'm no longer based in Las Vegas , but I do spend *some* of my time in that location if that’s of any consolation. Carl Chastain is more than capable to calibrate your vehicle properly, he has access to all of my tuning software and facilities. I'm never more than an IM, email, or phone call to assist in the event that anything pops up. Carl is usually available M-F from 5-9 pm, so just keep that in mind from a scheduling perspective.

So, now that the official statement has been made, WOW, I have to commend you on your endeavors with your car. You’ve gone in pretty deep to the systems level and obviously have a strong command over the calibration process…..again….wow, I commend you.

Carl and I normally don’t get involved with “dyno run only†type of stuff, mostly just the custom tuning while on dyno sorta thing J In any case, it’s up to Carl if he can bring you in a make some runs on the dyno. There are a few places around town with one of our automotive dynos, and I believe their rates are quite cheap.

In any case, I need to hook you up with Carl Chastain when he has time.

Good luck with your project.
You can always reach me via email:
dwh@dynojet.com
cchastain@dynojet.com
or
702-526-3737 Dan’s cell (rarely able to answer)
702-525-2939 Carl’s cell
Regards,
----------------
Dan Hourigan
Dynojet Research Inc.
dwh@dynojet.com Dynojet Research Inc.- Power Commander, Automotive Dynamometers, Motorcycle Dynamometers, ATV Dynamometers, Jetkits, Wideband Commander, Wideband Commander 2, WB2

http://dynodantuning.com/Services.html

Edited by flavtfan

When I had my Roush Mustang I had it dynoed up by the speedway. But that guy now works directly with Shelby so I don't think he does much public stuff now. He also focused on American cars, the mustangs, Corvette, and GTO cars.

We hope to get a dyno sooner then later, but at best we will only be able to do SxS and ATVs.

When I had my Roush Mustang I had it dynoed up by the speedway. But that guy now works directly with Shelby so I don't think he does much public stuff now. He also focused on American cars, the mustangs, Corvette, and GTO cars.

We hope to get a dyno sooner then later, but at best we will only be able to do SxS and ATVs.

I'll volunteer my YFZ for dyno training on Carbed quads :assblast:

What about Nevarez? Or does he only do LS and other american stuff?

That was who I was thinking of Pete. He works directly with Shelby mostly now, but I would check with him. When I had my car there he had some Asian cars in there, one was BAD a$$, so he might be able to do it.

That was who I was thinking of Pete. He works directly with Shelby mostly now, but I would check with him. When I had my car there he had some Asian cars in there, one was BAD a$$, so he might be able to do it.

HE can tune just about anything. Getting him to do it is another story.

are you talking about gill???