HELP -- Sprung spring sound

DunaticSuzyQ

Hey toyhauler owners out there -- need some insight or spectulation. 32' Forest River Fifth Wheel Toyhauler. Well maintained. Water in tank, but no toys loaded. Jump out the side door and hear what sounds like a sprung spring sound - loud - under the floor. Look around, but don't see anything under there.

Any speculations on where/what you would look at? Are there staps on top of the holding tanks that I might not see from underneath that could have snapped. Heading to D tomorrow and now I'm nervous. Any suggestions? Please . . .

Srpung spring sound? I'm not sure what kind of sound you mean, but get underneath the trailer and take a good look at all the leaf springs, cross-bracing and brackets. Mine just had all kinds of broken stuff underneath and it's well maintained too. Toyhaulers suck. :banghead:

• Like 1

One more thing it could be... I have a squeaking noise coming from mine when walking on the floor. One of the bolts came loose that secure the frame outriggers to the floor above one of the wheels. There is no way to tighten the damn thing either. Drives me nuts and I don't know what to do in order to take care of it.

I had just filled the water tank and my daughter was stomping about in a cranky teen who had to help fashion . . . maybe it was the tank settling. I crawled back under there and looked around -- still nothing obvious. I guess extra slow on the entrance road for me.

Edited by DunaticSuzyQ
  • Like 1