cali ohv stickers

I think there is some confusion here.

CA "green sticker": is a form of registration for CA residents for off-highway vehicles

CA OHV non-resident sticker:: is a permit for out of state residents (non-CA residents) to ride their OHV's in CA if they are not registered in the state they came from

NV OHV registration stickers: from what I gather, they are only issued for bikes that are purchased new in NV when you have paid sales tax on them

....to add to the NV OHV registration stickers....there seems to be another bill in play that will create yet another sticker that NV will charge for. Stay tuned.

what up DF

yeah, the GOVT trys to make things confusing so that your money ends up in the state coffers.

the NV state sticker sounds good to me, because regardless if your bike would be a green or red sticker in CA, with the NV sticker, you can ride your would-be CA red sticker bike anywhere, anytime!!! in CA red stickered bikes cannot be ridden from labor day to memorial day :thumbsdown:

Careful.......you may need to prove you don't live in CA if you have a non-resi sticker. Just a thought.

what up DF

yeah, the GOVT trys to make things confusing so that your money ends up in the state coffers.

the NV state sticker sounds good to me, because regardless if your bike would be a green or red sticker in CA, with the NV sticker, you can ride your would-be CA red sticker bike anywhere, anytime!!! in CA red stickered bikes cannot be ridden from labor day to memorial day :finger:

That's not true about the red sticker OHV's in California. The times you can ride depend on the area you're riding in.Check with the local BLM office.

wow, wow.....wow, you mean if I get a non res ca red sticker there are riding restrictions so I could get fined anyways? I can t get a nv ohv sticker cause I bought my bikes private party? And WTF do sand rail people do? They dont come from a dealer, ussually small fabricators in many cases.

Sounds like the best thing to do is get the NV sticker but how if you already own your bikes? I ve had mine for many many years.

wow, wow.....wow, you mean if I get a non res ca red sticker there are riding restrictions so I could get fined anyways? I can t get a nv ohv sticker cause I bought my bikes private party? And WTF do sand rail people do? They dont come from a dealer, ussually small fabricators in many cases.

Sounds like the best thing to do is get the NV sticker but how if you already own your bikes? I ve had mine for many many years.

I think your a little confused. :thumb:

There is only one type of non-resident CA OHV sticker.

It is issued in a differrent color for every year just like the tags on your vehicle. The color means nothing else.

There aren't any restrictions on the non-resident CA OHV sticker either. As long as it is legal for you to be riding there it's ok to ride anytime of the year. Like Dumont...if you're crazy enough to ride in the Summer go for it!

This sandrail guy has resident NV stickers on his quads and a non-resident CA OHV sticker on his rail. I have been asking for a while if anyone knows how to get one for my rail, since according to SB 400 I bought all the pieces and parts and paid taxes on them, but no one knows at this time. I should qualify, but since the resident NV stickers are hard enough to get....I'll just buy the non-resident CA OHV sticker until the gobmint figures it out.

I think your a little confused. :thumb:

There is only one type of non-resident CA OHV sticker.

It is issued in a differrent color for every year just like the tags on your vehicle. The color means nothing else.

There aren't any restrictions on the non-resident CA OHV sticker either. As long as it is legal for you to be riding there it's ok to ride anytime of the year. Like Dumont...if you're crazy enough to ride in the Summer go for it!

This sandrail guy has resident NV stickers on his quads and a non-resident CA OHV sticker on his rail. I have been asking for a while if anyone knows how to get one for my rail, since according to SB 400 I bought all the pieces and parts and paid taxes on them, but no one knows at this time. I should qualify, but since the resident NV stickers are hard enough to get....I'll just buy the non-resident CA OHV sticker until the gobmint figures it out.

In Ca, the rails need to be taken to the local CHP, and inspected, to get an OHV permit. I had to do it for a quad that I had to assemble "out of the box". I had to take it down to the CHP, have them do what they do, and give me some paperwork that I took to the local DMV. they, in turn,. gave me a green sticker

I thought I'd set the record straight for those that don't know.

Since the topic of this thread is CA OHV stickers, meaning the "non-resident stickers"...like this one---> ohv_sticker.jpg...

...those stickers are for all unregistered OHV's...quad, sandrail. motorcycle, odyysey, Pilot, Rhino, go-carts, etc that are not registered already in CA.

• 2 weeks later...

this has been a big battle with the green sticker....in nevada you don't have to register an OHV, in california you do. when you register your OHV in cali, they give you a green sticker. but with me being a resident of nevada, i am not held to registering in cali. thats like having to register your car/truck in cali because you drove through. don't get me wrong, i have no problem paying to use the park/land....but if i get hassled, i am just gonna have to tell 'em like i have before... i am a resident of nevada

I think there is a sticker for non-residents you have to get then.