cali ohv stickers

I was wondering about the ohv stickers at dumont i want to go but not sure about how strict they are with having a sticker. I've gone many times without one never had an issue just wondering if their cracking down on the fees. I know about the passes for the vehicle, just not real sure about the bikes. I've got 6 bikes to sticker, just waving my options. :hello::thumb:

I have one on every one of my sand toys. It hasn't been much of an issue since they started charging to get in. I haven't seen them randomly check for them. I am guessing it is only a ticket of you are stopped for something already.

I plan on keeping mine current as of the first of the year. I like being legit like that in case I get stopped. Tickets suck. :hello:

this has been a big battle with the green sticker....in nevada you don't have to register an OHV, in california you do. when you register your OHV in cali, they give you a green sticker. but with me being a resident of nevada, i am not held to registering in cali. thats like having to register your car/truck in cali because you drove through. don't get me wrong, i have no problem paying to use the park/land....but if i get hassled, i am just gonna have to tell 'em like i have before... i am a resident of nevada

this has been a big battle with the green sticker....in nevada you don't have to register an OHV, in california you do. when you register your OHV in cali, they give you a green sticker. but with me being a resident of nevada, i am not held to registering in cali. thats like having to register your car/truck in cali because you drove through. don't get me wrong, i have no problem paying to use the park/land....but if i get hassled, i am just gonna have to tell 'em like i have before... i am a resident of nevada

hey, thanks got boost, I,m with you on that one :think:

You have to have a non-resident sticker which can usually be purchased at one of the vendors on a big weekend and I believe the rangers have them at the ranger station. They are $20 each. A ticket will cost you alot more if you get caught. Consider the people around you also. If one person gets caught in camp without a sticker I'm sure they will check everyone in that camp. It's better to be legal than have to worry every time you see a ranger. If you get a ticket for not having a sticker it's your own fault and not the rangers fault. He's just doing his job. Every state is going to get their money one way or another.

You have to have a non-resident sticker which can usually be purchased at one of the vendors on a big weekend and I believe the rangers have them at the ranger station. They are $20 each. A ticket will cost you alot more if you get caught. Consider the people around you also. If one person gets caught in camp without a sticker I'm sure they will check everyone in that camp. It's better to be legal than have to worry every time you see a ranger. If you get a ticket for not having a sticker it's your own fault and not the rangers fault. He's just doing his job. Every state is going to get their money one way or another.

All right I'll buy the dang stickers to keep it legit :headbang1:

What if you have a resident permit from your state?

What if you have a resident permit from your state?

If you have a resident permit from another state and it is displayed on your vehicle then Calif. accepts it and should leave you alone.

if you nevada guys can get a sticker from your state, then do it. I looked at the CA vehicle code, and couldn't find the area about out of state ohv's

the guys I rode with last superbowl weekend were from SLC, UTah, and they didn't have to get a special permit, as their bikes were tagged with utah stickers. iirc

My understanding is that if you ride a none registered vehicle in cali you must have a green sticker if nevada starts a registretion program and you register here you will not have to in cali also. But cali's is $20 nevada is talking about charging $25

This is the best article that i found about this

(Senator Mike McGinness of Fallon, Nevada, has introduced legislation, Senate Bill 117 (SB 117), to create an OHV Registration program for the state of Nevada. Nevada is one of the few western states that does not require registration of Off-Highway Vehicles, or have any kind of an OHV Fund.

SB 117 would require registration of all off-highway motorcycles, all-terrain vehicles, dune buggies, and snowmobiles, including a $25 per year registration fee. Unfortunately, this bill as written today does not put the money into an OHV fund, but puts the money directly into the state general fund with no benefit whatsoever to OHV owners.

Making matters even worse, this bill was proposed by Nevada dealers, led by Neal Grasteit of Preferred Motors and Marine in Fallon. He feels that too many Nevada residents go out of state to make OHV purchases to avoid paying sales tax, and this would close the loophole. Mr. Grasteit didn't make any attempt to work with OHV owners to develop a bill that works for everybody.

The Dunes and Trails ATV Club have submitted a substitute bill to Senator McGinness. This bill would establish an OHV program that would greatly benefit the Nevada OHV community, while satisfying the needs of the dealers at the same time.

Some Nevada activists are opposed to any kind of OHV registration program, due in large part to problems they have seen with the California OHV program. We can understand their concerns. But here is an opportunity to create a model OHV program that will provide substantial benefits. If you agree, we urge you to contact Senator McGinness, and ask him to support the substitute OHV registration bill.

--You can contact Senator McGinness at mmginness@sen.state.nv.us or you can call 775-684-1442. )

This is the best article that i found about this

(Senator Mike McGinness of Fallon, Nevada, has introduced legislation, Senate Bill 117 (SB 117), to create an OHV Registration program for the state of Nevada. Nevada is one of the few western states that does not require registration of Off-Highway Vehicles, or have any kind of an OHV Fund.

SB 117 would require registration of all off-highway motorcycles, all-terrain vehicles, dune buggies, and snowmobiles, including a $25 per year registration fee. Unfortunately, this bill as written today does not put the money into an OHV fund, but puts the money directly into the state general fund with no benefit whatsoever to OHV owners.

Making matters even worse, this bill was proposed by Nevada dealers, led by Neal Grasteit of Preferred Motors and Marine in Fallon. He feels that too many Nevada residents go out of state to make OHV purchases to avoid paying sales tax, and this would close the loophole. Mr. Grasteit didn't make any attempt to work with OHV owners to develop a bill that works for everybody.

The Dunes and Trails ATV Club have submitted a substitute bill to Senator McGinness. This bill would establish an OHV program that would greatly benefit the Nevada OHV community, while satisfying the needs of the dealers at the same time.

Some Nevada activists are opposed to any kind of OHV registration program, due in large part to problems they have seen with the California OHV program. We can understand their concerns. But here is an opportunity to create a model OHV program that will provide substantial benefits. If you agree, we urge you to contact Senator McGinness, and ask him to support the substitute OHV registration bill.

--You can contact Senator McGinness at mmginness@sen.state.nv.us or you can call 775-684-1442. )

NICE. Govt has contradicted itself once again. SB 400 which just passed already provides for the OHV sticker (which I already have two of) for no charge. :laughoff:

If you buy a 20 dollar non-res. sticker for California that money goes to the OHV fund but, the money from a ticket for not having the sticker( 50bucks)goes into the general fund. OHV gets zero.

Some of our fine (worthless) dealers here in LV are big supporters of the NV sticker.Buy out of state pay the tax here and still be money ahead.

If you buy a 20 dollar non-res. sticker for California that money goes to the OHV fund but, the money from a ticket for not having the sticker( 50bucks)goes into the general fund. OHV gets zero.

Some of our fine (worthless) dealers here in LV are big supporters of the NV sticker.Buy out of state pay the tax here and still be money ahead.

to cmyfirepole--you said you have 2 stickers. were these issued from nevada and if so, where did you get them? thanks

So where in town can you buy the cali green sticker or NV sticker? Is it good for UT too?

As I said.....

NV OHV sticker or non-resident CA OHV sticker? Easiest way for those is to pick one up at the pay station or a place here in town. See the dumont info page for some places in Vegas...

http://dumontduneriders.com/dumont_info.html

There are places to buy them on that page^^^

And yes, they are honorad in UT as well. :thumbsdown:

to cmyfirepole--you said you have 2 stickers. were these issued from nevada and if so, where did you get them? thanks

My stickers came from the dealer. They have SB400 posters everywhere that mention the sales tax deal...however if you read the entire bill the dealer is supposed to provide the sticker when you purchase the bike. I had to argue a little to show that I knew what was up....and they FINALLY gave them up. Now I'm hearing that they are coming up with this other sticker program contained on another bill and am not sure where this leaves me with the others. :thumbsdown: Don't ya just love the gobmint?

My understanding is that if you ride a none registered vehicle in cali you must have a green sticker if nevada starts a registretion program and you register here you will not have to in cali also. But cali's is $20 nevada is talking about charging $25

if it is registered out of state, doesn't matter if it would be a green or red in CA, you can still ride it in CA

I think there is some confusion here.

CA "green sticker": is a form of registration for CA residents for off-highway vehicles

CA OHV non-resident sticker:: is a permit for out of state residents (non-CA residents) to ride their OHV's in CA if they are not registered in the state they came from

NV OHV registration stickers: from what I gather, they are only issued for bikes that are purchased new in NV when you have paid sales tax on them

I think there is some confusion here.

CA "green sticker": is a form of registration for CA residents for off-highway vehicles

CA OHV non-resident sticker:: is a permit for out of state residents (non-CA residents) to ride their OHV's in CA if they are not registered in the state they came from

NV OHV registration stickers: from what I gather, they are only issued for bikes that are purchased new in NV when you have paid sales tax on them

what up DF

yeah, the GOVT trys to make things confusing so that your money ends up in the state coffers.

the NV state sticker sounds good to me, because regardless if your bike would be a green or red sticker in CA, with the NV sticker, you can ride your would-be CA red sticker bike anywhere, anytime!!! in CA red stickered bikes cannot be ridden from labor day to memorial day :thumbsdown:

Edited by RICHARDCHEESE