SSSS 2014, Sept. 19-21

ltr450rider

Went to the show today. Nothing to write home about. Nothing huge in the SxS arena or sand car realm either. Companies are just putting out full blown machines with a message that we can do this for you with a huge budget. Nothing to inspire your average guy to pick up a wrench or any products to buy. Last year people had things to sell. This year it's all slick brochures for you to order from. I can do that from home already. Oh well.

• Like 2

I enjoyed the show. For me it was mostly face time with customers and selling myself to new ones. Also representing Sand Sports and Idaho Dunes RV. I think it went well. There were some very high end SxS's and rails there. Took a lot of photos. I did buy new harnesses from Crow for my rail since they had great prices and took advantage of some show prices from Lazer Star lights. I finally got a rear view mirror for my Rhino since I'm always looking for it while riding.

It seems that the SSSS has just about totally lost it's appeal to any sandcar owners. We were pretty busy in our booth but it didn't seem as busy as last year. Weddle and Rancho were the only driveline companies displaying, Doug Ingles from California performance dropped in the booth and I saw Ben from Benco walking around. Those were the only trans builders other than Rancho I saw all weekend, and Rancho was talking about not even displaying next year.

I chatted with Don of Sand Cars Unlimited a bit, I asked him if he had anyone looking to build a mid level mild LS with 2D type of build, he said no one! It seems that there is just no one looking for a brand new mid level brand new sand car anymore. People would rather spend the $40k on a SxS.

I heard a rumor there was $90k RZR on display! :lol:

Maybe its just me.... but I like the old school sandrails with vw motor in them. I cant see myself ever buying a sxs/rzr. I spent all summer workin on my rail I'm ready for Dumont and glamis ... unless winter hits. I wanna check out brianhead new quad speed chair...snowboard season is also on its way....

Maybe its just me.... but I like the old school sandrails with vw motor in them. I cant see myself ever buying a sxs/rzr. I spent all summer workin on my rail I'm ready for Dumont and glamis ... unless winter hits. I wanna check out brianhead new quad speed chair...snowboard season is also on its way....

Then you'd really be disappointed in the SSSS.

For sure a lot of RZRs and a lot of High dollar ones at that. the Sand Cars that were there were Badd a$$ for sure. Not much for Artic Cat or can-am, nothing really for even the 900s.

TMW had a 1000 there that we saw in Idaho that is a major build. ZX1400 motor, Lone star Long travel, and full body kit. It's a badd a$$ machine.

I do plan on building an XP 1000. It will have a turbo, Long travel, and the other typical stuff. I know it will be a nice machine. The Turbo kits that are out now are complete, and very reliable. At 9-12 lbs boost they are sweet. With good shocks the XP1000 ride very good. I'm looking forward to it for sure. Just putting money into other things right now. (Just wait to see our Set-up at Dumont this year) :)

A SxS stock is nice, with the right mods it's awesome. It's never going to be a sand car, but to each there own. I'd love to have a Turbo Honda car, or LS1 car someday to.