dunefreak Posted May 21, 2015 Posted May 21, 2015 I'm starting this thread early so we can watch the weather forecast and maybe catch a break in the weather, pick a weekend and get a group day trip together like we have in the past. I looked at the dates and we've usually gone in the middle of the month. Who would be up for an early morning run? If there's a couple other cars that can go I am down to do a trip. I never like duning out there without some backup especially in the summer. It doesn't matter what you ride or drive though. All are welcome. Let me know and we can set something up. Quote
mineurbiz Posted May 21, 2015 Posted May 21, 2015 I am down, will just depend on the weekend and what is going on. Quote
FireKracker Posted May 22, 2015 Posted May 22, 2015 We can do the 13th or 20th.... So I guess we will wait and see what the weather man has to say. Quote
rushjunkie Posted May 22, 2015 Posted May 22, 2015 Love these day runs. Will try like hell to make it out 1 Quote
dunefreak Posted May 29, 2015 Author Posted May 29, 2015 As of right now I'm leaning towards June 13th or 14th. Quote
DuNe~Rydher Posted May 29, 2015 Posted May 29, 2015 I can't go that weekend unless I cancel a camping trip i've already committed to. Don't change anything for me i'm sure we'll do this again, but if you decide to do the 20th Stef and I are in. Quote
Adam @ GTP Off Road Posted May 30, 2015 Posted May 30, 2015 we are hitting coral Pink for the 18th-21st. I am down for that weekend before though. hmmm, Raptor or RZR... Quote
dunefreak Posted June 2, 2015 Author Posted June 2, 2015 The weather looks awesome this coming weekend. If I get my parts in time I may be tempted to do this Sat or Sunday if everything works out. Can anyone else make it? I probably won't know until mid week or so though. Quote
Dent boy Posted June 2, 2015 Posted June 2, 2015 I can do this weekend.. The next weekend I have family coming and the 115 forecast doesn't look good... Quote
dunefreak Posted June 2, 2015 Author Posted June 2, 2015 "A Thunderstorm possible" lol tempting... I'm reading a high of 90 and sunny. http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/l/USCA1133:1:US I can do this weekend.. The next weekend I have family coming and the 115 forecast doesn't look good... 115? Shows 106 for Tecopa on the 13th but we won't be out there during the high for the day. So I hope I get my spring and get the car ready by this weekend. Quote
rushjunkie Posted June 2, 2015 Posted June 2, 2015 I think I might just be able to this weekend. Won't know until mid-week also Quote
Creepynewguy Posted June 2, 2015 Posted June 2, 2015 Would be nice to actually use the car instead of stare at it but im tied up this weekend. Quote
DuNe~Rydher Posted June 2, 2015 Posted June 2, 2015 Weather app on my phone confirms what you said Pete, the weather button on this forum is what says thunder. So consistent lol. Either way ill know tomorrow. Quote
dunefreak Posted June 2, 2015 Author Posted June 2, 2015 Yeah Accuweather doesn't ever seem to be very accurate. lol It's one of the only sites that let's you embed weather on a website though. Might have to change that and just use some links to weather.com instead. Quote
dirtflickarooster Posted June 4, 2015 Posted June 4, 2015 any word on a day and time yet? I'm hoping to make it out. Quote
dunefreak Posted June 4, 2015 Author Posted June 4, 2015 I am waiting on a part for my buggy to show up. I would like to go this Sunday but if it doesn't show up it may have to be a different date. I will keep you guys posted as soon as I know. Gonna call the place I ordered it from today and see wtf. Quote
Adam @ GTP Off Road Posted June 5, 2015 Posted June 5, 2015 I won't be able to do this weekend I know that. Quote
dunefreak Posted June 5, 2015 Author Posted June 5, 2015 Awe c'mon Adam. You got this! lol It's not looking like I can either. Even though it will be a bit warmer, it's looking like it will have to be later in the month for me. Quote
DuNe~Rydher Posted June 5, 2015 Posted June 5, 2015 Getting the long travel adam? Another weekend is cool with me, waiting on a new clutch I'd like to dial in when we go anyway. Quote
dunefreak Posted June 5, 2015 Author Posted June 5, 2015 If anyone can commit to this Sunday, I can make it happen. There hasn't been much response on here. Lots of lurkers but that's it. I would rather not go out with only 2 sandcars. It's always good to have at least 3 just in case something happens. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.