Jimmyg Posted January 8, 2016 Posted January 8, 2016 I'm looking for opinions. I recently bought new to me rail I guess you would call it a mid travel. Seeing how you guys are the professionals and have more expeience. Any how previous owner ran a 1300 plus paddle and a 8.80 apex steer tire. I'm not use to the big fronts as my old car was old school. It's a 4 seater XTC chassis with a 2332 and built bus trans. Is it normal for front tires to look bigger then backs? When I measure there's only a 1/2 inch difference or so. Looking for opinions and advice on tire size. Also if you guys think tire combo looks bad or is it just me? I'm from Indiana/ mich and play in small sand box compared to you guys. At Silverlake Sand Dunes. Thanks for your imput Quote
dunefreak Posted January 9, 2016 Posted January 9, 2016 It's all about how well it works. They do seem a tad big compared to most cars, but if they work well and your front end can handle them, I wouldn't sweat it. Quote
raspadoo Posted January 10, 2016 Posted January 10, 2016 They will keep a lot of extra sand out of your face, may give a lot of feedback depending on your steering rack ratio, I would recommend something like this http://www.pacificcustoms.com/ac498700.html Quote
Jimmyg Posted January 10, 2016 Author Posted January 10, 2016 Thanks guys the power steering would be sweet I'm going to definitly check into that. They look huge to me but then again maybe I'm not use to them. My old car fronts were noticeably smaller then tears. Quote
Jimmyg Posted January 10, 2016 Author Posted January 10, 2016 What's a good match front tire for a 1300 plus paddle? What tire combos do you guys run? Quote
Sandjoker29 Posted January 11, 2016 Posted January 11, 2016 I have 8.80 in the front and 1300 plus in the rear. Quote
Jimmyg Posted January 11, 2016 Author Posted January 11, 2016 Sandjoker thanks your car looks good. Do you have any bigger pics by chance from the side like that? What air pressure u run and how wide of wheels? Quote
Randog Posted January 12, 2016 Posted January 12, 2016 I'm running 1300plus and Apex 6.80. I really wish they made an Apex 7.80. I don't have power steering, but the 6.80s aren't too bad with feedback. Those 8.80s would be a way smoother ride than my 6.80s. Quote
BearsZX72 Posted January 14, 2016 Posted January 14, 2016 I'm running the 1300plus and the Apex 8.80 Mine is a long travel with a 2.0 Turbo Subi Quote
Jimmyg Posted January 15, 2016 Author Posted January 15, 2016 Bearszx72 that's a great looking car. What air pressures do u run and wheel widths? Yours look equal in height front and rear. Thanks for the replies to all and pics. Maybe I'm just overthinking all this Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.