Dumont report

barneycar

we had a great time all in all.

got to the dunes fri morning at 4:30 unloaded the car got about 30 min sleep got coffee

moved trailer to the spot we wanted .put paddles on went to play

5 mounths building car

20 thous in parts

150 in stuff to go to dunes

15 min of plaing with car

4000 in trans repair

all in all priceless :headbang1:

we had a great time all in all.

got to the dunes fri morning at 4:30 unloaded the car got about 30 min sleep got coffee

moved trailer to the spot we wanted .put paddles on went to play

5 mounths building car

20 thous in parts

150 in stuff to go to dunes

15 min of plaing with car

4000 in trans repair

all in all priceless :headbang1:

Ouch, $4k in tranny repair! Sorry to hear that! Good luck and hope to see you out there sometime!

I don't mean to steal Barneycar's thread but I figured I would chime in. First, sorry to hear about your problems with the car, my buddy broke his tranny Friday afternoon. He decided he wanted to jump at the bottom of comp. Well his third jump did it and SNAP it went. But other than that the weekend was utterly AWESOME :loser: The weather was unreal and the dunes were just GRAND :shake: can't wait to go out again!!!! I did see a truck with a DDR sticker on the back but I lost sight of it and couldn't find it later so I could go say :idea: The road in was beat up in spots, but very passable. The part of the road after the river crossing was the worst, it got really beat up by the rain last week, but that is still not too bad. The guy at the collecting station told me that someone would be out there Monday (today) to fix the road.

To all those going out this weekend, have fun and be safe ............... :drunk::idea::driver::hello::headbang1::thumb: :mc_smiley:

I don't mean to steal Barneycar's thread but I figured I would chime in. First, sorry to hear about your problems with the car, my buddy broke his tranny Friday afternoon. He decided he wanted to jump at the bottom of comp. Well his third jump did it and SNAP it went. But other than that the weekend was utterly AWESOME :hello: The weather was unreal and the dunes were just GRAND :idea: can't wait to go out again!!!! I did see a truck with a DDR sticker on the back but I lost sight of it and couldn't find it later so I could go say :loser: The road in was beat up in spots, but very passable. The part of the road after the river crossing was the worst, it got really beat up by the rain last week, but that is still not too bad. The guy at the collecting station told me that someone would be out there Monday (today) to fix the road.

To all those going out this weekend, have fun and be safe ............... :shake::thumb::driver: :bash: :headbang1::idea: :mc_smiley:

That's cool you had a nice weekend, Mike! :drunk:

Was the truck a late model black extended cab GMC Delani pickup? If so, that was racnjasen. :D

Well here are some pics from the past weekend for everyone.........just thought I would share.............

We found Lake Dumont in the northern end of the dunes (it must have rained hard out there)...

post-17-1161674294.jpg

This was the camping area on Saturday afternoon, not that many peeps which for me was way friggen cool...

post-17-1161674422.jpg

A little racing in the Super Bowl on Saturday afternoon just for fun...

post-17-1161674496.jpg

With all that racing, my pit crew goes to work....(my 20 month old daughter)...

post-17-1161674605.jpg

We did have a blast, and can't wait to go again........... :rockwoot: :mc_smiley: :mc_smiley: :cry: