trash at comp

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to all that pick up the trash left by others... :laughoff:

I would like to suggest getting a sign made for the road into Dumont. Place it on the way in just after the permit area when people are still going quite slow to read it. There is a sign there now regarding pack it in - pack it out but a larger sign would be better. Something like; Don't help the Sierra Club close Dumont, Pick up your trash!

there needs to be like 10 signs down that road saying that.

also, maybe coordinate with the rangers about people leaving trash. like maybe they get their permit yanked, and they have to go home???

I do like the sign in the back of the truck. maybe we can all take turns putting the sign in the back of our truck, driving it over to comp, and leaving it there for a couple hours? :north_pole:

ok

I know it is a long way out, but I will be @ dumont from thursday, Feb 1st until Sunday, Feb 4.

I will be more than happy to park my truck, during the day, at the base of comp hill, with the banner in the back. all day, if need be.

I think ones are needed on the way in too.

I bet if someone talks to the rangers, they would be all for it.

question...how do the establishments @ death valley get their trash dumped?

@ oceano, right at the entrance, there are 3 huge trash bins. I am thinking :north_pole: of how much it would cost to have the trucks that go to death valley also come into dumont to pick up the trash???

just a thought.

I own a graphics and sign shop and will do it for the cost of materials if you want. Just let me know how big and if somebody can get me the DDR logo i will put it on the back so it serves dual purpose.

That sounds good, Mike. Thanks! Where are you located? I can e-mail you the Adobe Illustrator file for the banner I made a few posts back along with the DDR logo as well.

What DDR logo were you thinking of? I already had one on the front of the banner I made, but we can put one on the back too! :thumb:

• 1 month later...

I just sent pete a offer to do this at the upcoming 4 stroke race series at Dumont on MLK weekend. This is a legit event and thought this idea is great, im wondering if the banner has been made and who can help during this event.i have a little finicial help so please tell me what is needed like trash bags, re usable trash cans, banner, help... It will be a little volunteer work but we will take care of you in some sort of way to repay you guys back, this is the first of 2 events happening in the next 3 months.

I just sent pete a offer to do this at the upcoming 4 stroke race series at Dumont on MLK weekend. This is a legit event and thought this idea is great, im wondering if the banner has been made and who can help during this event.i have a little finicial help so please tell me what is needed like trash bags, re usable trash cans, banner, help... It will be a little volunteer work but we will take care of you in some sort of way to repay you guys back, this is the first of 2 events happening in the next 3 months.

Sam start a new thread for the trash deal at 4SW because there will be talk that comes up about additional related things for that event as well. :thumb:

And no, that banner hasn't been made up yet. :rockon:

During Halloween weekend I watched a guy with a bright orange, big suspension car get out open up the wing of his rail and start looking at some large serpintine belts. He played with them for about 10 minutes. when I looked back he was back in the car taking off and there where the belts on the ground. for no reason he stopped, took them out and just left them there when he could have just went back to camp and thrown them away the right way. I picked them up and made sure he saw me, and showed him the sign language that I do know. Ive been going to Dumont since I was 5 (22 years for me) and I dont want to see it shut down by some clowns that dont respect the sport. PM me on the next clean up, my family and I would love to help out.

During Halloween weekend I watched a guy with a bright orange, big suspension car get out open up the wing of his rail and start looking at some large serpintine belts. He played with them for about 10 minutes. when I looked back he was back in the car taking off and there where the belts on the ground. for no reason he stopped, took them out and just left them there when he could have just went back to camp and thrown them away the right way. I picked them up and made sure he saw me, and showed him the sign language that I do know. Ive been going to Dumont since I was 5 (22 years for me) and I dont want to see it shut down by some clowns that dont respect the sport. PM me on the next clean up, my family and I would love to help out.

WHAT AN AHOLE!!! I know the last 2 big weekends, halloween & thanksgiving, a bunch of us from DDR went out to COMP and cleaned up trash before we left the dunes, and man was there alot of it out there. And you should of seen all the people that just sat and watched us. Amazes me sometimes how ignorant people are.

WHAT AN AHOLE!!! I know the last 2 big weekends, halloween & thanksgiving, a bunch of us from DDR went out to COMP and cleaned up trash before we left the dunes, and man was there alot of it out there. And you should of seen all the people that just sat and watched us. Amazes me sometimes how ignorant people are.

REALLY? :idea: Read what thread you posted in, Stacey. :drinkbeer::beercheers:

• 3 weeks later...

Again... I'd like to thank everyone who helped out with cleaning up comp hill this afternoon. We filled up the entire back of my truck with about 7-8 bags of trash. I can't believe some people! :slap: First...the people that leave all that trash there in the first place.... :laughoff: ...then all the people that just watched us pick up the trash and not help out at all. A few people and there kids did help us a bit. That was cool to see that SOME people care and wanted to help. Others just sat back and looked at us like we were crazy.

At one point, I think it was sand~snake that heard a lady say, "oh look, they have people that come out here and clean this up!" :laughoff: HELLO???? No they don't have people that clean it up...other than 2 volunteers, Don & Ellen (the camp hosts), they don't have anyone other than duners like us that appreciate Dumont and want to take care of the place. You don't sh*t where ya eat, people!

I hope more people become pro-active and try and take care of Dumont so we don't have to keep cleaning everyone's crap up! :blury:

First off, pack it in, pack it EVEN MORE out...that's a no-brainer :stirthepot:

Second: your last day at the dunes, grab a trash bag and go over to comp and fill your bag up. We took over about 10 of us and it took about 45 minutes WITH TEN PEOPLE. If more people helped out, teh less we would all have to do.

Third: If you plan on partying over at comp, bring a trash bag or two with you.

Thanks to crazymexeddie, vegas style, racnjasen, and anyone else that threw some trash in the bag of their trucks to haul back home. Even after dispersing the trash to all the trucks, Eddie's truck was STILL full!

S2010074~1.JPG

S2010073~2.JPG

S2010069~1.JPG

S2010068~2.JPG

i will always help....