trash at comp

after last trip i have tossed a new box of trash bags in the trailer. i would be happy to give them out and i will even haul a bag or so extra home.

seems like such a easy thing to do. i was a scout long ago and have camped all my life. it is few and far the camps that have trash service! and the ones that do i bet your paying more then $20 a week or $60 a year. just pack it out plus some your kids will thank you when there is still a place for them to camp.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ive noticed alot of trash my last trip to dumont....nails, broken glass, plastic bottles, broken chairs..u name it i saw it. my girlfriend and i are very good in packing everything out. we actually recycle so we take all our cans and plastic bottles home. My girlfriend actually walks around with our dogs and picks up trash that idiots left behind. The concept of picking up your trash seems so easy but i guess hard to do for some people.

I'm going to be out there Nov. 16th - 19th and I will be on the lookout for any trash I see just laying around and will gladly pick it up. As a matter of fact, last time at Dumont I must have picked up about 6 or 7 seven beer cans at comp, crushed them up and put them into my cooler on my rail to take back to camp, and a few people looked at me like I was a wierdo :yeah_whatever: But I didn't care and did it anyway. I was wondering, and I know it is WAY early, but would anyone have any idea as to what the date is for the next Dumont Cleanup?? I am definitely making that this year!!!!

I'm going to be out there Nov. 16th - 19th and I will be on the lookout for any trash I see just laying around and will gladly pick it up. As a matter of fact, last time at Dumont I must have picked up about 6 or 7 seven beer cans at comp, crushed them up and put them into my cooler on my rail to take back to camp, and a few people looked at me like I was a wierdo :yeah_whatever: But I didn't care and did it anyway. I was wondering, and I know it is WAY early, but would anyone have any idea as to what the date is for the next Dumont Cleanup?? I am definitely making that this year!!!!

echo that

The clean up is always on the Saturday closest to St. Patricks day which next year(2007) just happens to fall on St. Patty's day! 3-17-2007

i was there with my son helping and also heard people driving by saying do these people get paid or they said thanks why they were driving by there was alot of kids out that day with there parents that didnt even move to help out just watched the rest pick up as a parent we need to teach our kids to respect the dunes so they can go out with there families in the future it was very disapointing to see parents not get involved with clean-up

I've got an idea, :dunno: get a banner made that fits in the steak bed of your truck that says

" VOLUNTEER TRASH PICK-UP"

" PLEASE HELP"

EXCELLENT IDEA. IF YOU GET THE BANNER MADE PETE, I will gladly pay for it!!!!! :shocked:

I've got an idea, :dunno: get a banner made that fits in the steak bed of your truck that says

" VOLUNTEER TRASH PICK-UP"

" PLEASE HELP"

Sounds like a plan! :thumbsdown:

EXCELLENT IDEA. IF YOU GET THE BANNER MADE PETE, I will gladly pay for it!!!!! :coffee:

You've got a deal, Tim! :loser: I'll get something together and over to Aaron or Jesse and hopefully get it done before T-Day! :thumb:

people cant claim they didnt know if there is a big sign in thier face. make sure DDR gets some space on that sign.

Come on! You think I'd make a sign or anything for that matter that doesn't have DDR on there somewhere? :thumbsdown:

You know it, Steve! :coffee:

Thanks to all that pick up the trash left by others... :thumbsdown:

I would like to suggest getting a sign made for the road into Dumont. Place it on the way in just after the permit area when people are still going quite slow to read it. There is a sign there now regarding pack it in - pack it out but a larger sign would be better. Something like; Don't help the Sierra Club close Dumont, Pick up your trash!

How about a little love for FoDD?

Got a logo? Is FoDD gonna help out with this? The banner was only gonna plug DDR since we were the ones doing it, but I could put FoDD on there too if I get some sort of logo. :blink:

so the other side is going to be in spanish?

:laughing::rockon::blink::blink:

Got a logo? Is FoDD gonna help out with this? The banner was only gonna plug DDR since we were the ones doing it, but I could put FoDD on there too if I get some sort of logo. :blink:

:laughing::rockon::blink::blink:

Pete I know we would love to be involved in this. I have a banner guy in Pahrump who will do the banner for very cheap or maybe gratis. He made the banners for the clean up for us. I know he already has the Fodd logo but I can get one right away from Vicki.

Pete I know we would love to be involved in this. I have a banner guy in Pahrump who will do the banner for very cheap or maybe gratis. He made the banners for the clean up for us. I know he already has the Fodd logo but I can get one right away from Vicki.

ok cool. Aaron will do it pretty cheap too, but maybe your guy will be even cheaper. :D

Do you want me to e-mail the file over to him for the banner I made up? If so shoot me his e-mail address.