We're back online AGAIN, but now we really need your help!

dunefreak

What a disaster! So last month many of you probably remember this, 

Well we got that mess all handled or so we thought! I get a text from @EY3BA11 a week or two ago asking if I had changed the domain over to GoDaddy. NOPE! Well here's what happened. The company, who our domain was registered through,  ACTUALLY FAILED TO RENEW our domain in August. When I contacted them to say WTF, the 30 day grace period was already up and it was long gone. There no getting it back! When they manually renewed it in their system, someone screwed up and it didn't actually renew it. I was furious. I had to hire a domain broker to get it back now I'm out thousands of dollars. It cost an arm and a leg to get it back. So now I am hoping members can step up to help cover the costs. Please donate whatever you can even if it's 5 bucks. I was going to scrap the whole damn thing, but I know this site means alot to many people.  

Below is the link where you can donate. 

Thanks guys

• Like 1

Thanks @Svengoolie. I took down the Amazon ads since we have raised some extra funds to help pay for site hosting costs. Nobody was clicking them anyways so they didn't help. 

I updated the news article on the homepage, but I will do the same here. 

UPDATE!

We have reached our goal to cover the expenses!

Thank you guys for donating.

Any additional donations will still go towards the site to cover our hosting/ maintenance expenses.

• Like 3

On 9/28/2019 at 8:42 AM, dunefreak said:

Thanks @Svengoolie. I took down the Amazon ads since we have raised some extra funds to help pay for site hosting costs. Nobody was clicking them anyways so they didn't help. 

I updated the news article on the homepage, but I will do the same here. 

UPDATE!

We have reached our goal to cover the expenses!

Thank you guys for donating.

Any additional donations will still go towards the site to cover our hosting/ maintenance expenses.

So glad we came together to take care of that! You're the man @dunefreak

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...