Turkey questions

dunefreak

Really all I need to know is when to take this turkey out of the freezer so it is defrosted in time. We'll be deep frying it on Thursday and today is Saturday. Should I take it out now, let it completely thaw, then just keep it in the fridge till Thurs?

Also: any tips on prepping it? This will be my first time cooking a bird. :barf::laughoff:

we usually leave it out overnight... for you i would take it out tues night let it start thawing out most of the way then throw it in the fridge for the trip out there and by thursday afternoon it should be completely thawed. :D

Really all I need to know is when to take this turkey out of the freezer so it is defrosted in time. We'll be deep frying it on Thursday and today is Saturday. Should I take it out now, let it completely thaw, then just keep it in the fridge till Thurs?

Also: any tips on prepping it? This will be my first time cooking a bird. :barf::laughoff:

TAKE IT OUT OF THE FREEZER TOMARROW PUT IT IN THE FRIDGE, IT'S BETTER TO LET IT THAW SLOWLY, IF BY WED. NIGHT IT'S STILL FROZE, THAW IT IN COOL WATER, NOT HOT

TAKE IT OUT OF THE FREEZER TOMARROW PUT IT IN THE FRIDGE, IT'S BETTER TO LET IT THAW SLOWLY, IF BY WED. NIGHT IT'S STILL FROZE, THAW IT IN COOL WATER, NOT HOT

Goin to depend on the size of the bird pete. There should be a thawing chart on the outside. Mine is almost 15 lbs and im taking it out tomorrow and putting it in the fridge to be ready to fry thursday. =)

Good times!!! :laughoff:

You should thaw ALL POULTRY in the frig. you dont want it to get above 45 f. :laughoff: I would take it out of the freezer sunday and put it in the frig. you are going to want it completely defrosted to deep fry it ...also pat it down with paper towels inside and out before you put it in the hot oil , any water on the bird will pop and splatter when it goes in the oil.....as for the maranaid salt and pepper is all you need ( inside and out)...

I'm not a pro but have cooked alot of turkeys in my day!!!

P.S. dont let any forearm sweat drip in the oil not only is it gross it will pop and splatter :barf:

You should thaw ALL POULTRY in the frig. you dont want it to get above 45 f. :laughoff: I would take it out of the freezer sunday and put it in the frig. you are going to want it completely defrosted to deep fry it ...also pat it down with paper towels inside and out before you put it in the hot oil , any water on the bird will pop and splatter when it goes in the oil.....as for the maranaid salt and pepper is all you need ( inside and out)...

P.S. dont let any forearm sweat drip in the oil not only is it gross it will pop and splatter :laughoff:

:barf::barf:

Thanks for the info guys! :coffee:

You should thaw ALL POULTRY in the frig. you dont want it to get above 45 f. :shocked2: I would take it out of the freezer sunday and put it in the frig. you are going to want it completely defrosted to deep fry it ...also pat it down with paper towels inside and out before you put it in the hot oil , any water on the bird will pop and splatter when it goes in the oil.....as for the maranaid salt and pepper is all you need ( inside and out)...

P.S. dont let any forearm sweat drip in the oil not only is it gross it will pop and splatter :dunno:

FOREARM SWEAT :dunno::dunno::clap: NO TURKEY FOR ME! :driver: