FIRST TIME AT DUMONT

crd450

JUST WANTED TO SAY THAT THIS PAST WEEKEND WAS MY FIRST TIME AT DUMONT AND IT WAS AWESOME!! THE ONLY OTHER DUNES I HAVE BEEN TO ARE AT GLAMIS AND I WILL SAY THAT I WILL NOT BE BACK TO GLAMIS FOR A WHILE. DUMONT IS AN HOUR + CLOSER AND THE DUNES RULE. :mc_smiley:

I have to agree i grew up at glamis but im loving the HUGE bowls and steep dunes of dumont... allthough I woudlnt mind a couple thousand more acres of dunes though.. :D thats my only complaint.. a little small sizewise but the dunes are awesome..

Yeah I agree Don. Crazy is an understatement. :rockon: I remember one of my favorite trips though. 2 years ago, it was my first trip out with my new (well new to me- used though) toyhauler. Just after grubbin down on some turkey and what not, I kicked out the back patio (rear toyhauler ramp door at level position) and kicked back with a beer and watched all the crazy rides cruise past camp. Man, good times! :laughoff::laughoff: :laughoff: :laughing:

I JUST WENT ON FRIDAY THE 11TH FOR A DAY TRIP FIRST TIME IN ABOUT 20 YEARS TOOK THE FAMILY AND BOY WAS IT A BLAST. MY WIFE OR DAUGHTERS HAD NEVER BEEN. GOT SOME PADDLES FOR MY 4 YEAR OLDS YAMAHA ZINGER AND SHE WAS ALL OVER THE PLACE. I WAS WONDERING IF ANYBODY HAD ANY SUGGESTIONS OR INFO ON JETTING AND OR GEARING. I WAS PRIMARILY A DESERT RIDER BUT NOW I CAN SEE MORE DUMONT TRIPS ARE IN OUR FUTURE. I HAVE A 04 YFZ450 WITH WHITE BROS PIPE, PRODESIGNS AIR FILTER, 168 MAIN JET. I KNOW IT SEEMS ITS NOT THE BEST DUNE BIKE AS 2 STROKES WERE THE POPULAR. BUT IM NOT OUT TO BEAT ANYBODY JUST HAVIN FUN. I WOULD LIKE THE POWERBAND TO BE A LITTLE MORE CONSISTENT THOUGH AND NOT CUT OUT SO MUCH.

actually the 450 you got is a pretty damn stout performer in the dune... there is a fella on here that would be able to point you in the right direction.. you might want to look in the atv/motorcycle talk section of this board.. :D