4-Stroke Race Series Trash Pick UP!

1BADYFZ

On behalf of the race commitee i have been asked to try and persue some info and help for a Trash pick up for the races happening in Jan. on MLK weekend and Feb.24 at the draghill at Dumont. I for one am happy that the races are a sanctioned event and will be held at our local hill with over a 100 entries of the top 4-stroke drag bikes in the country.

I brought up the fact about the trash becasue that is the last thing we need is bad publicity on the first race and wanted to put together some ideas on what will work for a trash pick up that will get all the watchers involved so the DDR group doesent pick up any ones trash by them selves again.

I seen the idea on another thread about having a banner made to be placed on a truck that will cruise around the hill during the races and tell and remind people to pick up there trash. I thought the banner on the truck would be a great idea with someone on a bull horn letting people know what is going on and giving them instructions. i for one thought handing out trash bags or even setting up those collapsable trash cans at certian points for people to put there trash in would be good. We will also have the rangers behind us on this so if you see some one littering we can take care of that in a legal way. I am looking at this great group of duners for help becasue like at the night drags there were no questions asked and stuff just got done.

The sponsers for the races are ready to help and ask me to get some ideas and what we need $ wise to get this done. If someone can get the banner done that would be the biggest help and problem taken care of and the rest shouldent be too hard. With this being the first legal quad event held at dumont i think this is the biggest issue for stuff happening in the future..again we are looking to get the trash pick up during the race and to leave that hill spotless like mother nature intended..

Please leave all info that would help us out and suggestions on how to make this efficiant and less costly for all of us..thanks again..Sam.

Edited by 1BADYFZ

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well since nobody else is gonna step up, I guess I will. I will gladly get the trash-pickup banner done up as long as I get a little financial help to pay for the banner. I can probably also make the setup to mount the banner on my truck like we talked about in the comp trash cleanup thread. :drinkbeer:

I brought up the fact about the trash becasue that is the last thing we need is bad publicity on the first race and wanted to put together some ideas on what will work for a trash pick up that will get all the watchers involved so the DDR group doesent pick up any ones trash by them selves again.

I don't have a problem helping out as long as this doesn't turn into all of us DDR peeps picking up the trash left over by the hill shooters. :idea:

Sam, I'll do whatever I can to get some peeps over to help pickup trash if there is any, but I think the biggest thing to focus on is to not litter the area in the first place.

Along with the banner to remind everyone to keep their trash in bags, everyone pickup after themselves, and maybe go around handing out trash bags to everyone in the area...it shouldn't be to big of an issue to deal with.

Maybe if we (DDR) all step up and help out with the trash issue (if there is one) at this event, we can have the event organizers put some DDR banners somewhere in plain site near all the racing action to plug the site?? :beercheers::D

Pete thanks for the efforts, i will get the other side views and hopefully get them do alot of the foot work. ANd if you have DDR banners i will put them where ever you want, I think the most help we need is the banner and truck driving around a few times, I myself will make sure i have a seperate group to keep it clean so it's not a clean up effort after the race. We need to get this done during the race and have people stop throwing there trash on the floor.

i heard a few people offer a free banner or atleast at cost, please chime in so i can get a cost on this and get the moeny to who ever..thanks guys......

Lets get some prices then? I have one near me that will be standard pricing.

What will it look like?

Lets come up with a design...

I seen some examples on the other thread that were simple. I have no problem with 2-3 sponsers on the banner besides the PICK UP YOUR DAMM TRASH SAying..lol

Contact Danny at High Impact signs in Pahrump! He donated to FoDD's clean up and we would appreciate any support you guys can throw his way!

His # is 775 727-3800 and please tell him that you were referred by FoDD

He does nice work and I am sure he will cut you a deal!

Is that in your price range? Only if you are wiling to pay for it and if you need some assistance i could get some.Pleae let me know asap, i will get some prices today for a 8x3 with full color..

Sure that works for me - I will be able to add a company logo though, Right? Nothing big - I just have to justify it to the federal ######....

^^^^^ Wow I didnt think about that...

Edited by chris1223

ynot i will call danny tomorrow

chris lets try this guy first, so we support some of our guys..Ill get a price on this but i need help on the design..SOMEONE CHIME IN ON THE DESIGN ..I will get a price, let you know chris then see where my sponsors will split the cost if that is cool.

Chris your co. emblem will be on there, the ddr logo and the race series logo also, so im thinking 4 sponsers spot. 2 on each side with the pick up trash in the middle in big letters...

FEEDBACk please...Pete your good at thrownig something together like this in a quickness...

ynot i will call danny tomorrow

chris lets try this guy first, so we support some of our guys..Ill get a price on this but i need help on the design..SOMEONE CHIME IN ON THE DESIGN ..I will get a price, let you know chris then see where my sponsors will split the cost if that is cool.

Chris your co. emblem will be on there, the ddr logo and the race series logo also, so im thinking 4 sponsers spot. 2 on each side with the pick up trash in the middle in big letters...

FEEDBACk please...Pete your good at thrownig something together like this in a quickness...

I'm fine with who-ever you use.

What all do you want it to say? I'll try and whip something up when I get home if I have time. If not, I can have it by Monday or so.

I can send you the proof sheet of my logo if you need it - its the same as the signature

ok, how about something like this. It's similar to teh other banner and gets the point across right?

There is still room for one more sponsor too...

(I need a better logo file for FoDD still, but you get the idea)

post-3-1166754116.jpg

ok, how about something like this. It's similar to teh other banner and gets the point across right?

There is still room for one more sponsor too...

(I need a better logo file for FoDD still, but you get the idea)

post-3-1166754116.jpg

Pete :laughing: I will pitch in $ Also I will come out and help, and bring trash back :jester:

That Banner looks great, Pete can you send an image to me to forward it on, and PLEASE save that spot for the (4SCS) logo and im sure he will foot some of the bill.I think this will turn out quite nice..Pete you know what im going to say..THANKYOU.....

Great holidays people, check in later

Pete my email is dirtandsand13@yahoo.com..thanks mann...